Birmingham Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are an expecting mother in The Magic City or looking to adopt there, you can find a wide variety of adoption resources in the city of Birmingham. If you are considering adopting or placing a child for adoption in Birmingham, Alabama, then the following guide will provide you with local adoption agencies, home study providers, hospitals, and more. For even more information on adoption in your area, you can visit our Alabama adoption page.
Birmingham Adoption Agencies and ProfessionalsAs a prospective birth parent or adoptive family, the professional you work with will play an important role throughout the adoption process, providing adoption services and support to ensure a successful adoption. These nearby adoption agencies, attorneys and other professionals serve residents of Birmingham:
- American Adoptions
- Lifeline Children’s Services
- Family Adoption Services
- The Rose Law Firm, LLC
Foster Care Professionals in BirminghamThe state of Alabama has specific requirements for families who wish to become foster parents. If you are interested in pursuing foster parenting in Birmingham, you must:
- Be at least 19 years old
- Meet all standards for an Alabama foster home
- Pass a background check
- Show evidence of good health
State-Licensed Home Study ProvidersWhether you choose to pursue domestic infant adoption or foster care in Birmingham, you will be required to complete the Alabama home study. Information about the home study process and home study requirements in Alabama is available in our state adoption information. It is important to work with a legally qualified home study provider. To get started on your adoption or foster care home study, contact one of these area home study professionals: Near Birmingham:
- Children’s Aid Society 205-251-7148 The social workers at CAS will help you with your domestic or international adoption home study regardless of what agency you work with in your adoption.
- T.H.E Social Work Services 256-532-5145 Kathie Butler of T.H.E Social Work Services is licensed in Alabama to perform home studies. She primarily works in the northern area of the state but occasionally works in other locations.
- Tyler Simmons, LCSW, PIP, LLC 205-535-2161 The founder of Alabama Social Work Services, Tyler Simmons specializes in adoption and custody situations, including the Alabama home study.
- Conner Adoption Support Services 1-205-310-0581 You can contact Conner Adoption Support Services, operated by Rebecca Conner, to complete your home study regardless of where you live in Alabama.
Hospitals in BirminghamOne of the final steps in the adoption process is the hospital stay and arrival of the baby. If you are an expectant mother making an adoption plan, you will have control over your hospital plan, including who is in the delivery room with you, how much interaction you will have with your baby, and more. Your adoption professional can coordinate with your delivery hospital to ensure a smooth labor and delivery process. As you create your hospital plan, you may be able to work with one of the following Birmingham hospitals:
- Brookwood Women’s Center 2010 Brookwood Medical Center Drive Birmingham, AL 35209 205-877-1000
- St. Vincent’s Birmingham 810 St. Vincent's Drive Birmingham, AL 35205 205-212-MOMS
- UAB Women & Infants Center 1700 6th Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35233 205-934-3411