Huntsville Adoption & Foster Care Resources
The city of Huntsville, Alabama is home to many great sights and attractions, but you may not know that it also has a plenitude of adoption resources. Whether you are a prospective birth mother or a hopeful adoptive family, you can find all the information you need to pursue your Huntsville adoption on this page.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in HuntsvilleTo begin the adoption process, many hopeful adoptive parents and pregnant women considering adoption first choose an adoption professional to help guide them through the process. You have many choices when selecting an adoption professional. If you are interested in working with an adoption agency or attorney serving Huntsville, consider the following:
- American Adoptions
- Agape of North Alabama, Inc.
- Catholic Family Services
- Shelley L. Bilbrey, P.C.
- Brodowski, McCurry & Maynor, LLC
- New Beginnings Family Law
Huntsville Foster Care ResourcesLike adoptive parents, foster parents must meet the requirements of their state before they can care for a child. If you want to become a foster parent in Alabama, you must fit the following criteria:
- Be at least 19 years old
- Meet all standards for an Alabama foster home
- Pass a background check
- Show evidence of good health
Home Study ProvidersFor prospective parents, the home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. Consisting of interviews, background checks, home visits and a written report, the Alabama home study helps ensure that your home is fit for a child. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your adoption home study and ensure it complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in your area: Near Huntsville:
- T.H.E Social Work Services 256-532-5145 Kathie Butler of T.H.E Social Work Services is licensed in Alabama to perform home studies. She primarily works in the northern area of the state but occasionally works in other locations.
- Alabama Social Work Services 205-535-2161 Tyler Simmons, LSCW, PIP, works mostly in West and Central Alabama, but he will also perform home studies for families in other parts of the state.
- Conner Adoption Services 205-310-0581 With almost a decade of experience in adoption, Rebecca Conner is qualified to help you with your domestic or international home study in Alabama.
Hospitals near HuntsvilleAs the baby’s due date draws closer, it is up to the expectant mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, this will be your opportunity to decide who is in the delivery room with you, how much time you will spend with your baby and the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to begin planning your hospital stay, your adoption agency will work with the delivery hospital to make them aware of your wishes. Here are some local Huntsville hospitals that you may be able to work with:
- Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children 245 Governors Drive Huntsville, Alabama 35801 256-265-1000
- Crestwood Medical Center One Hospital Drive Huntsville, AL 35801 256-429-4000