Mobile Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you live in or near Mobile, Alabama, and are considering adoption, you may not know that there are resources to help you right in your home town. Whether you are pregnant and thinking about placing a baby for adoption or a family hoping to grow, the list of resources here will help you through the adoption process in Mobile from beginning to end. For even more information on the adoption process, see our Adoption in Alabama page.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in MobileWhether you are considering adopting or placing a baby for adoption in Mobile, the professional you choose to work with can provide the guidance, services and support you need through the adoption process. Some adoptive and birth parents are most comfortable working with a local or regional adoption agency. The following Mobile adoption professionals can help you complete your adoption:
Mobile Foster Care ResourcesParents looking to adopt an older child or provide temporary homes for children can pursue foster care in their home town. In order to be a foster parent in Mobile, you must meet the following Alabama requirements:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- For married couples, be married at least one year
- Complete background checks and a home study
- Provide references
- Attend foster parent training and First Aid/CPR certification
Home Study ProvidersIf you want to adopt a child in Mobile, you must first find an Alabama-licensed social worker to conduct a home study for you. When you find a home study provider, they will help you through the process of completing a background check, home inspection, and interview to make sure your home is ready for a child. To get your home study started, contact one of the following Alabama home study professionals: Near Mobile:
- Children of the World 251-990-3550 This international adoption agency provides “Home Study Only” services to parents who are pursuing adoption with another professional.
- Conner Adoption Services 205-310-0581 Rebecca Conner is an Alabama-licensed social worker who will provide domestic and international home studies to families anywhere in the state.
- T.H.E. Social Work Services 256-534-6091 Run by Kathie L. Butler, LCSW, PIP, this adoption service provider is experienced with domestic and international adoptions, interstate adoption laws, and home studies.
- Alabama Social Work Services 205-535-2161 At Alabama Social Work Services, you can contact Tyler Simmons, LCSW, PIP, for assistance with your Alabama home study.
Hospitals near MobileIf you are an expectant mother pursuing adoption, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. As a prospective birth mother, you can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to determine the type of labor and delivery experience you want to have. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Mobile area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- USA Children's & Women's Hospital 1700 Center Street Mobile, AL 36604 251-415-1000
- Providence Hospital 6801 Airport Boulevard Mobile, Alabama 36685 251-633-1000
- Springhill Medical Center 3719 Dauphin Street Mobile, AL 36608 251-344-9630
- Mobile Infirmary 5 Mobile Infirmary Circle Mobile, AL 36607 251-435-2400