Montgomery Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are a prospective adoptive parent or a pregnant mother considering adoption, you are likely wondering where to go for help with your adoption plans. Luckily, you can find plenty of resources right in your hometown. If you live in or near Montgomery, Alabama, the following article will provide you information for adoption agencies, home study providers, and other resources near you. More information can be found on our Alabama adoption page.
Montgomery Adoption Agencies & ProfessionalsWhether you are ready to begin the adoption process or are simply looking for more adoption information, local adoption professionals can be great resources for the services and support you need. The following adoption agencies and attorneys work with Montgomery residents and are experienced in meeting the needs of adoptive and birth parents in Alabama:
Foster Parent Resources in MontgomeryIf you are interested in fostering a child in or near Montgomery, Alabama, you will need to meet all state requirements for foster parents, including:
- Be at least 19 years old
- Meet all standards for an Alabama foster home
- Pass a background check
- Show evidence of good health
Montgomery Home Study ResourcesFor adoptive parents, the home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. The Alabama home study includes criminal history and child abuse registry checks, as well as separate and joint interviews with the adoptive applicants and all adults and children residing in the applicants’ home. For more information about what to expect during the home study process, visit our How to Adopt in Alabama page. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your adoption home study and ensure it complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in your area: Near Montgomery:
- A Angel Adoptions 205-206-4984 This agency’s primary goal is to serve prospective birth parents, but they gladly work with adoptive families on the adoption process, home studies, and more.
- Conner Adoption Support Services 205-310-0581 Rebecca Conner is a licensed social worker with experience conducting domestic, international, and interstate adoptions and home studies.
- Alabama Social Work Services 205-535-2161 Run by Tyler Simmons, LCSW, Alabama Social Work Services is an experienced and reliable contact for Alabama families looking to start a home study.
Hospitals near MontgomeryOne of the most emotional parts of the adoption process, both for birth parents and adoptive families, is the time spent in the hospital when the baby is born. It is entirely up to the birth mother to decide how she would like her hospital stay to go. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, you will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure everything happens exactly as you want it to. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Montgomery-area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Jackson Hospital 1725 Pine Street Montgomery, AL 36106 334-293-8000
- Baptist Medical Center East 400 Taylor Road Montgomery, AL 36117 334-277-8330