Bellevue Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Those considering adoption often wonder where to find local adoption agencies, home study providers, and other resources in their area. Whether you are making an adoption plan as hopeful parents or as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, the following information includes Bellevue adoption agencies, foster care resources and home study professionals to help you get started. For more information about state adoption laws, qualifications and processes, visit our Adoption in Nebraska page.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in BellevueWhether you are a pregnant mother or a family hoping to adopt, your first step in the adoption process will be choosing a professional. If you are ready to start the process and looking for the right professional, you can start your search by visiting the pages of the following local agencies and professionals:
Bellevue Foster Care ResourcesTo be a foster parent in Bellevue, couples and individuals must meet the requirements of the state and their chosen agency. For prospective foster parents in Nebraska, that means you must complete a 27-hour PRIDE training program. This orientation will prepare you for everything you need to become a foster parent. If you are interested in becoming a foster family, contact a local foster care organization:
Home Study ProvidersThe home study signifies that you are officially ready to adopt a child. During this assessment, a social worker will conduct a background check, visit your home, and interview the members of your household to make sure your home is safe for a baby. The home study can take up to a few months, so it is recommended that you begin as soon as possible. See the sections below for information on Nebraska-licensed home study providers:
- Jewish Family Service 402-330-2024 Located in Omaha, this agency will conduct your home study and post-placement assessments regardless of your religious affiliation.
- Holt International 402-934-5031 Holt International works all across the country and has a branch that provides home studies specifically in Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota.
- Adoption Consultants 308-340-6242 Adoption Consultants has licensed social workers located in every area of Nebraska, with over 50 years of combined experience between them. See their website for more contact information.
Hospitals near BellevueOne of the most emotional parts of the adoption process, both for birth parents and adoptive families, is the time spent in the hospital when the baby is born. It is entirely up to the birth mother to decide how she would like her hospital stay to go. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, you will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure everything happens exactly as you want it to. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Bellevue area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Nebraska Medicine Bellevue 2500 Bellevue Medical Center Drive Bellevue, NE 68123 877-763-3001
- CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy 7500 Mercy Road Omaha, NE 68124 402-398-6060