Newark Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Families hoping to adopt or pregnant women considering adoption in Newark may be unsure of what resources are available to them. Here, you can find everything you need to know to complete your Newark adoption from start to finish. Read on to find information about Newark adoption and foster care professionals, home study providers, hospitals, and more.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals near NewarkAs a prospective birth parent or adoptive family, the professional you work with will play an important role throughout the adoption process, providing adoption services and support to ensure a successful adoption. If you prefer to work with a local or regional adoption professional, consider these nearby adoption agencies:
Newark Foster Care ProfessionalsFamilies looking to adopt older children in their area should consider foster care. In order to be foster parents in the state of Washington, hopeful parents must meet these requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be at least 10 years older than the child in your care
- Complete 27 hours of PRIDE training
- Pass a SAFE adoption home study
- Children’s Aid and Family Services
- New Jersey Department of Children and Families
- The Children’s Home Society of New Jersey
Home Study ProfessionalsRegardless of the adoption or foster care professional you choose to work with, you will need to complete a New Jersey home study before a child can be placed in your care. Whether you are fostering or adopting, the home study ensures you are ready to provide a suitable home for a child. Information about the home study process is available on our Adoption in New Jersey page. The following home study providers can provide additional information about completing the home study in your area: Near Newark:
- Homestudies & Adoption Placement Services 201-836-5554 This Hague-accredited, New Jersey-licensed agency has all of the necessary qualifications to help New Jersey families with the home study process.
- Family Options 732-936-0770 A licensed, nonprofit adoption agency, Family Options provides home study services as well as education and support for families.
- Adoptions from the Heart 1-888-630-8842 Contact Adoptions from the Heart to get started on your home study and receive adoption education and other related services.
Hospitals near NewarkIf you are an expectant mother pursuing adoption, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. As a prospective birth mother, you can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to determine the type of labor and delivery experience you want to have. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Newark area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center 201 Lyons Avenue at Osborne Terrace Newark NJ 07112 800-843-2384
- Clara Maass Medical Center 1 Clara Maass Drive Belleville NJ 07109 973-450-2000