Corpus Christi Adoption & Foster Care Resources
People come to adoption from many different places. As a woman experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, you may be wondering what your best options are to move forward with life. Whether you are a young woman still in school, a young professional starting a career or a mother who is unable to add another child to the home, adoption could be right for you. Hopeful parents begin considering adoption for many different reasons. You may have been brought here by a long struggle with infertility, while others feel called to adoption. Whatever your reasons — hopeful parents or prospective birth mother — this guide to adoption in Corpus Christi will get you up to speed on adoption resources in your area and important information about the adoption process.
Adoption Agencies in Corpus ChristiIf you take one thing from this guide, it’s this: contact a good adoption agency in Corpus Christi. Your adoption agency is your most trusted resource throughout the adoption process. Agencies provide vital services to hopeful adoptive parents and prospective birth mothers. Without an agency, the likelihood of a frustrating process and failed adoption increases exponentially. Why is this? The adoption process is complicated on multiple levels. It’s logistically complicated and full of hard-to-understand paperwork. It’s medically complicated, since we are dealing with a pregnancy. It’s legally complicated and involves several nuanced legal procedures. Finally, of course, it is emotionally complicated. An adoption agency provides you with the support you need to navigate all of the elements of the process. Licensed adoption specialists can guide you to a successful adoption. You can choose between several different agencies for your adoption in Corpus Christi:
Should You Choose Adoption in Corpus Christi?We believe in adoption, but that doesn’t mean it is right for everyone. This is a challenging process with life-long implications. You need to be 100 percent committed from the get-go, which means you need to put in the work beforehand to be certain adoption in Corpus Christi is best for you. This is a personal choice. We can’t tell you the right answer, because what’s right for you may be wrong for someone else. We can, however, share some questions to contemplate. The answers you arrive at will lead you down the right path. For hopeful parents considering adoption:
- Do you view adoption as a second-best family-building method, or as an equal but different way to start a family?
- Are you prepared for the challenges of the adoption process, like completing a home study and waiting for an adoption opportunity?
- Are you prepared emotionally and financially for the responsibilities of parenthood?
- Do you have a support network that will be there for you before and after your Corpus Christi adoption process?
- Is parenting a possibility in your situation?
- Do you have goals to pursue — like finishing college or new career opportunities — that parenting would make impossible?
- What is your relationship like with your partner? Is it one that will be good for a baby?
- Can you take on the financial obligations of pregnancy and parenthood?
- If you know parenting is impossible, do you still want to give your baby the opportunity to grow up in a loving family?
Types of Adoption in Corpus Christi for Adoptive FamiliesOnce you’ve decided to adopt, you’ll need to choose a type of adoption. There are three types for your adoption in Corpus Christi:
- Domestic Infant Adoption
- Foster Care Adoption
- International Adoption
Local Home Study ServicesAdoptive families must complete the home study for any type of adoption in Corpus Christi. This process involves interviews, documentation (like proof of income, tax history and medical records), an in-home visit and more. The home study is conducted by a licensed professional to ensure that your lifestyle and living situation will be good for a child. For your Corpus Christi adoption home study, you could work with licensed professionals such as:
Hospitals in Corpus ChristiDid you know that, as a prospective birth mother, you are in charge of the adoption process? Modern-day adoption puts the woman in charge — and that starts with your adoption plan. With the help of a specialist at an adoption agency, you’ll set a course at the beginning of your process that dictates how you would like things to go. This includes choosing the hospital where you would like to give birth. You can schedule tours at local hospitals before choosing to get a feel for where you would like this monumental moment to take place. For your adoption in Corpus Christi, you could consider these local medical facilities:
- Spohn Hospital — Shoreline
- Spohn Hospital — Memorial
- Spohn Hospital — South
- Corpus Christi Medical Center