Home » Fargo Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Fargo Adoption & Foster Care Resources
For adopting families and expecting mothers alike, the most confusing part of adoption can be figuring out where to start. If you’re in Fargo and wondering what adoption resources are available to you, then the following page will provide you with information on adoption agencies, foster care professionals, home study providers, and more.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in FargoWhether you are considering adopting or placing a baby for adoption in Fargo, the professional you choose to work with can provide the guidance, services and support you need through the adoption process. Some adoptive and birth parents are most comfortable working with a local or regional adoption agency. The following Fargo adoption professionals can help you complete your adoption:
- The Village Family Service Center
- Catholic Charities North Dakota
- Melinda Weerts Law, PLLC
- O’Keeffe O’Brien Lyson Foss Attorneys
- Oster Law Office, PLLC
Fargo Foster Care ResourcesParents looking to adopt an older child or provide temporary homes for children can pursue foster care in their home town. In order to be a foster parent in Fargo, you must meet the following North Dakota requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Show proof of financial stability
- Have a home or apartment and homeowner’s or renter’s insurance
- Have a steady income
- Complete a background check
- Provide references
Home Study ProvidersIf you want to adopt a child in Fargo, you must first find a state-licensed social worker to conduct a home study for you. When you find a home study provider, they will help you through the process of completing a background check, home inspection, and interview to make sure your home is ready for a child. To get your home study started, contact one of the following North Dakota home study professionals:
- All About U Adoptions 605-770-2357 AAU Adoptions has offices in both Fargo and Minot, and they will travel to you to help with your adoption.
- The Village Family Center 1-800-627-8220 Susan Grundysen helps families in North Dakota complete their home study for adoption.
Hospitals near FargoIf you are an expectant mother pursuing adoption, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. As a prospective birth mother, you can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to determine the type of labor and delivery experience you want to have. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Fargo area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Essentia Health - Fargo 3000 32nd Avenue South Fargo, ND 58103 701-364-8000
- Sanford Family Birth Center 801 Broadway North Fargo, ND 58122 701-234-5661