According to the notice, The China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption (CCCWA) recently announced changes to requirements for adoption application dossiers submitted by foreigners. Key changes to these requirements include:
- The youngest child in the potential adoptive home must be at least 3 years old before the family can apply to adopt.
- Single mothers must have no more than two children living in the home (not including the adopted child).
- Married couples must have no more than five children under the age of 18 living in the home (not including the adopted child).
- Families must wait one full year after completing an adoption before applying to adopt another child.
- Only one child may be adopted at a time (unless the adoptive family is adopting a sibling group).