10 Adoption YouTube Channels to Subscribe to
There’s never been a better time to learn about adoption.
The amount of resources available online exceeds anything we’ve ever seen before. You have to take this with a grain of salt, because there are some websites and adoption professionals that will mislead you. Search with a discerning eye. Still, the overall benefit of this much adoption information outweighs the potentially negative effects of false information.
Because of this widespread availability of adoption content, our culture has never had a better understanding of adoption. If you are interested in adoption as a prospective birth mother or hopeful adoptive parents, you can learn quite a bit with a few hours on the internet. One of the most popular sites for curious searchers is YouTube.
There are tutorials, how-to videos, lectures, seminars and stories about adoption on YouTube. If you’re a visual learner, there’s probably not a better place on the internet to look for adoption information. But, like we mentioned, not all information is trustworthy. Misinformation is rampant on YouTube. More than 400 hours of video content is uploaded to the site every minute. How can you parse through this ocean of videos to find the best information about adoption?
We’re here to help. We put in the legwork to find the most trustworthy YouTube channels about adoption. Here are 10 YouTube channels about adoption that you should check out and subscribe to.
These YouTube channels are a great place to find information about adoption. If you are curious about how the process works, adoption requirements, the cost of adoption or how to find an adoption opportunity, check these out.
- American Adoptions: If you are interested in understanding the adoption process, it’s hard to find a better resource than American Adoptions. This national adoption agency has been completing domestic infant adoptions for more than 25 years and regularly produces educational content for anyone interested in adoption.
- AdoptUSKids: One of the best foster care resources out there, AdoptUSKids is one of the best YouTube channels for anyone who wants to learn more about America’s most common type of adoption. This channel is meant for both parents and social work professionals.
Sometimes we just need to see a good story. These channels follow adoptive families as they record their journeys. Check out any of these channels to get all up in your feels.
- Becca and Dan: This couple has been vlogging their life experience with their three children for several years. Their videos are a great example of how adoption can create a life of love, laughter and opportunity.
- The Archibald Project: This advocacy group believes that stories have the power to change lives. They create fantastic, documentary-style short films that highlight the importance of adoption. If you are searching for inspiration, or maybe even still deciding whether or not adoption is right for you, these videos are worth watching, especially if you are interested in international adoption.
- The Todds: One of the more difficult social aspects of adoption is that so few people you know have experienced the process. While people all across the country have been touched by adoption, many feel isolated and can struggle to find a community who viscerally understands their emotions and experiences. That’s why a YouTube channel like The Todds’ can be so comforting. By sharing their experiences, they are creating an online community of people who truly “get it.”
- Laura Tatum: Laura has been sharing her family’s life through YouTube since 2013 and has amassed a large, engaged audience. Her videos manage do to something that most of the internet can’t: create a positive comments section. Scroll down while watching and you’ll find hundreds of responses with a generally positive vibe and friendly tone. It’s a neat online community.
The birth mother experience in the adoption process has been, until recently, hidden in the shadows. But today, many proud birth mothers share their experience in the adoption process. These are brave women who made courageous decisions. If you are a prospective birth mother looking for inspiration, start with these YouTube channels.
- Melissa Link: A birth mother herself, Melissa created a very poplar mini-doc called “Behind the Bump: A Birth Mother’s Story.” Her honesty about the adoption process is striking and makes her film a must-see.
- BraveLove: This organization’s mission is to “change the perception of adoption through honest, informative, and hopeful communication that conveys the heroism and bravery a birth mother displays when she places her child with a loving family through adoption.” In their videos, BraveLove does a great job of fulfilling this mission. If you are unsure about adoption, these can be inspirational videos that offer hope.
Children who come home through adoption live a unique and powerful story. Some decide to tell that story to the world. If you are an adoptee searching for answers and solidarity, here are a few high-quality YouTube channels to look at.
- The Adopted Life: Angela Tucker became a prominent voice in the adoption community with the debut of her documentary following her search and reunion with her birth parents. Today, she continues to advocate on behalf of adoptees through an interview series called The Adopted Life. The voices of adoptees are overlooked too often. They have valuable insight to add to any discussion about adoption, as this video series
- Adoptees On: This video podcast is a series of interviews where adoptees discuss their experience with adoption. As an adopted individual, you may find solidarity and perspective through listening to these experiences. As adoptive parents, birth parents of adoption professionals, these stories will help you to better understand what an adoptee goes through.
The internet can be a great place to learn about adoption. They are many amazing resources out there. With these 10 adoption YouTube channels, you’ve got a good place to start.