Las Vegas Adoption and Foster Care Resources
If you live near Las Vegas area and are considering adoption, you may be overwhelmed by all there is to know about local adoption resources, laws and processes. The following provides information about Las Vegas adoption agencies, home study providers and other local adoption and foster care resources to help answer your questions. Our adoption in Nevada page provides additional information about adoption and foster care throughout the state.
Adoption Agencies in Las VegasFrom your initial adoption research through every step of the adoption process, your adoption professional can be a great source of adoption information and support. If you are a pregnant woman or hopeful parent interested in completing the adoption process in Las Vegas, the following local and regional agencies and attorneys can help you complete your adoption in Nevada:
Foster Care Resources in Las VegasBecoming a foster parent can be a rewarding experience. However, there are some qualifications prospective foster parents need to meet. Foster parents in the state of Nevada must be at least 21 years old, have a landline phone and sufficient income to meet their financial needs. The process to become a foster parent in Las Vegas includes a criminal records check, home safety inspection, training and more. More information about fostering is available on our Nevada adoption information page. Your local foster care agency can also provide additional information about the requirements and process to become a foster parent in Las Vegas. Contact one of these local foster resources for more information:
- Jude’s Ranch for Children
- Eagle Quest
- Bamboo Sunrise
- Specialized Alternatives for Families and Youth
- Apple Grove
Home Study Providers in Las VegasEvery adoptive and foster parent in Las Vegas must complete a Nevada home study, which includes an inspection of the home, criminal background and child abuse history checks, medical examinations, personal interviews and more. To learn more about the home study process and requirements in Nevada, visit our state adoption information page, or contact one of the following trusted home study providers in your area:
- Premier Adoption 800-876-0187 Premier Adoption Agency is a Nevada=licensed home study and full service adoption agency. Premier Adoption takes the guesswork out of the home study evaluation and adoption process.
- Adoption Choices of Nevada 702-221-2400 Adoption Choices of Nevada is a Nevada licensed child-placing agency with staff in the Reno and Las Vegas areas that can provide services throughout the entire state. Adoption Choices of Nevada provides home study and post-placement services and can also counsel and match adoptive families and prospective birth parents.
Hospitals in Las VegasWhen the time finally comes to welcome the new baby, the prospective birth mother will create a hospital plan. If you are considering adoption for your baby, your hospital plan will include all of your preferences for the hospital stay — who will be in the delivery room with you, who will hold your baby first, and more. As you begin planning your hospital stay, you will work closely with your adoption professional, who will inform the delivery hospital of your wishes. Here are some local hospitals in Las Vegas that you may be working with:
- Sunrise Children’s Hospital 3186 Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas, NV 89109 702-731-5437
- Mountain View Hospital 3100 N. Tenaya Way Las Vegas, NV 89128 702-255-5000
- University Medical Center 1800 W. Charleston Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89102 702-383-2000
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center 5400 S. Rainbow Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89118 702-853-3000
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center 657 Town Center Drive Las Vegas, NV 89114 702-233-7000