Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Rhode Island » Cranston Adoption and Foster Care Resources
Cranston Adoption and Foster Care Resources
As a prospective adoptive or birth parent in Cranston, you likely have many questions about how to adopt or place a baby for adoption in Rhode Island. Fortunately, there are many local foster care, home study and adoption professionals who can assist you through the process of adopting or placing a child for adoption in Cranston.
Cranston Adoption Professionals and Adoption AgenciesFor adoptive parents and birth mothers alike, one of the first steps in the adoption process is to choose an adoption professional to work with. Your adoption professional will provide the services and guidance you need to complete the adoption. If you prefer to work with a local agency, the following adoption professionals near Cranston may be able to assist you:
How to Become a Foster Parent in CranstonTo become a foster parent or to adopt from the foster care system in Rhode Island, you will need to meet certain state qualifications. Information about becoming a foster parent in Rhode Island is available through our Adoption in Rhode Island page. The following local agencies and resources can also provide additional information about foster care in Cranston:
Home Study Providers in CranstonFor adoptive parents, the home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. The Rhode Island home study includes the following elements:
- At least two home visits
- Interviews with all household members
- Background information, including a written self-assessment
- Financial information
- Background checks
- And more
- Adoption Options (RI) 401-331-5437 Adoption Options provides affordable adoption services to families in southeastern New England, including counseling and home study services.
- Alliance for Children 806-201-0200 Alliance for Children is Hague-accredited and provides home study services for families working with the agency as well as families working with attorneys and out-of-state agencies.
Hospitals in CranstonOne of the most emotional parts of the adoption process, both for birth parents and adoptive families, is the time spent in the hospital when the baby is born. It is entirely up to the birth mother to decide how she would like her hospital stay to go. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, you will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure everything happens exactly as you want it to. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some maternity hospitals near Cranston that may be able to assist you:
- Women & Infants Hospital 101 Dudley Street Providence, RI 02903 401-274-1100
- Memorial Hospital 111 Brewster Street Pawtucket, RI 02860 401-729-2291