Aurora Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are pregnant and thinking about adoption for your baby or a family hoping to grow through adoption, you will need a variety of services and support throughout the adoption process. Here, find local resources and adoption information for the Aurora area.
Aurora Adoption Professionals and Adoption AgenciesThroughout the adoption process, most prospective birth parents and hopeful adoptive families choose to use an adoption professional’s services. The professional you choose will be your go-to source for education, support and the services you need to complete your adoption. Here are some Aurora adoption professionals near you:
How to Become a Foster Parent in AuroraCouples and individuals considering foster care in Aurora must meet the requirements of the state and their chosen agency. For prospective foster parents in Colorado, that means meeting certain requirements, completing a Colorado home study and attending training. If you are interested in becoming a foster family, contact a local foster care organization:
- Maple Star
- Lutheran Family Services
- Special Kids Special Families
- Colorado State Foster Parent Association
- Parker Personal Care Homes
- Kids Crossing
Home Study Providers in AuroraConsisting of personal interviews, background checks, a safety inspection and more, the Colorado home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. When you are ready to complete the home study, it is important to choose the right professional to ensure you are in compliance with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in your area: Near Aurora:
- Adoption Options 1-800-878-1601 Adoption Options is a Hague-accredited licensed full-service adoption agency located in Aurora with coverage across the state. The agency provides home study services for domestic, kinship, second parent, embryo and international adoptions.
- A Love Beyond Borders 303-333-1572 A Love Beyond Borders is a licensed, Hague-approved adoption agency that offers the required SAFE home study, adoption education and post-adoption services to prepare families for domestic and international adoptions. A Love Beyond Borders provides home study services for intercountry, private domestic, kinship, stepparent and second parent adoptions.
- Adoption Choices of Colorado 303-670-4673 Adoption Choices of Colorado is a full-service, nonprofit agency and expert both domestic and international home studies. State of Colorado-trained licensed social workers guide families through the adoption and home study process throughout the state of Colorado.
- Virginia L. Frank, Attorney & Counselor at Law 303-756-4673
- Hand in Hand International Adoptions 970-226-8948 Hand in Hand can work with any family living in Colorado to complete an international home study.
- International Adoption Net 877-945-3004 International Adoption Net is licensed by the state of Colorado to provide home study services to prospective adoptive parents in international and domestic adoption.
Hospitals in AuroraIf you are an expectant mother pursuing adoption, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. You can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to determine the type of labor and delivery experience you want to have. As you create your hospital plan, here are some Aurora hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- University of Colorado Hospital – Anschutz 12605 E. 16th Avenue, 5th Floor Aurora, CO 80045 720-848-4111
- The Medical Center of Aurora 1501 S. Potomac Street Aurora, CO 80012 303-695-2600