Lakewood Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are contemplating adoption in Lakewood, Colorado, either as a prospective adoptive parent or as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, you likely have questions about local adoption resources, laws and processes. Here, find information about Lakewood adoption agencies, home study providers and other local adoption and foster care services. Find additional information about adoption and foster care throughout Colorado on our state adoption page.
Adoption Professionals and Adoption Agencies in LakewoodWhether you are considering adopting or placing a baby for adoption in Lakewood, the professional you choose to work with can provide the guidance, services and support you need through the adoption process. Some adoptive and birth parents are most comfortable working with a local or regional adoption agency. The following adoption professionals can help you complete your adoption in Lakewood:
Foster Care Professionals in LakewoodFoster care programs, requirements and processes vary depending on state laws. In Colorado, the requirements for foster parents include:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be able to physically and financially care for a child
- Pass child abuse and criminal background checks
Home Study Providers in LakewoodWhether you choose domestic infant adoption or foster care, you will need to complete a home study that meets Colorado laws and requirements. The Colorado home study process includes personal interviews, home visits, criminal history checks and more. A complete list of home study requirements and additional information about the process can be found on our How to Adopt in Colorado page. The person or agency conducting the home study must be legally qualified. When you are ready to begin the home study process, here are some trusted providers in Colorado: Near Lakewood:
- Adoption Options 1-800-878-1601 Adoption Options is a Hague-accredited licensed full-service adoption agency located in Aurora with coverage across the state. The agency provides home study services for domestic, kinship, second parent, embryo and international adoptions.
- A Love Beyond Borders 303-333-1572 A Love Beyond Borders is a licensed, Hague-approved adoption agency that offers the required SAFE home study, adoption education and post-adoption services to prepare families for domestic and international adoptions. A Love Beyond Borders provides home study services for intercountry, private domestic, kinship, stepparent and second parent adoptions.
- Adoption Choices of Colorado 303-670-4673 Adoption Choices of Colorado is a full-service, nonprofit agency and expert both domestic and international home studies. State of Colorado-trained licensed social workers guide families through the adoption and home study process throughout the state of Colorado.
- Virginia L. Frank, Attorney & Counselor at Law 303-756-4673
- Hand in Hand International Adoptions 970-226-8948 Hand in Hand can work with any family living in Colorado to complete an international home study.
- International Adoption Net 877-945-3004 International Adoption Net is licensed by the state of Colorado to provide home study services to prospective adoptive parents in international and domestic adoption.
Hospitals in LakewoodAs the baby’s due date draws closer, it is up to the expectant mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, this will be your opportunity to decide who is in the delivery room with you, how much time you will spend with your baby and the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to begin planning your hospital stay, your adoption agency will work with the delivery hospital to make them aware of your wishes. Here are some local Lakewood hospitals that you may be able to work with:
- Lutheran Medical Center 8300 West 38th Avenue Wheat Ridge, CO 80033 303-425-2229
- Denver Health 777 Bannock Street Denver, CO 80204 303-436-6000
- Saint Joseph Hospital 1375 East 19th Avenue Denver, CO 80218 303-812-2000