Lewiston Adoption and Foster Care Resources
If you are from the Lewiston area and are considering adoption, either as a prospective adoptive parent or a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, you likely have questions about Maine adoption laws and processes. Below, find information about Lewiston adoption agencies, home study providers, and other local adoption and foster care resources.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in LewistonAs a prospective birth parent or adoptive family, your adoption professional will play an integral role in throughout the adoption process and ensure you receive the support and services you need along the way. If you live in Lewiston, consider the following local and regional adoption professionals:
Foster Care Professionals in LewistonFoster care programs, requirements and processes are determined by the state. In Lewiston, foster parents must meet all Maine foster care requirements and complete a home study. Some agencies have additional training or requirements for the parents they work with. Visit the following local resources for more information about the process to become a foster parent in Lewiston: state adoption page or Child and Family Services.
Home Study Providers in LewistonWhether you choose private infant adoption or foster care in Lewiston, you will need to complete a home study that meets Maine requirements. Information about the Maine home study process and requirements is available on our How to Adopt in Maine page. It is important to work with a legally qualified home study provider. To get started on your adoption or foster care home study, contact one of these area home study professionals:
- Acadia Adoption Center 207-267-8110 Acadia Adoption Center is a licensed adoption agency assisting families with both international and domestic home studies and adoptions.
- Families and Children Together 207-941-2347 FACT provides home studies and post-placement services for families working with an out-of-state agency or adopting a child from Maine’s child welfare system.
- Adoption Partners of Maine 888-635-6935 Adoption Partners offers home study services to families entering its infant placement program and those contracted with another placing agency.
Hospitals in LewistonAs her due date approaches, it is up to the expectant mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are pregnant and considering adoption for your baby, you will have the opportunity to make many decisions about the labor and delivery process, including who will be in the delivery room with you, who gets to hold the baby first, how much time you spend with the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to start making your hospital plan, your adoption agency will communicate with your delivery hospital to ensure everything goes according to your wishes. As you consider your hospital plan, learn more about some hospitals in the area:
- Central Maine Medical Center 300 Maine Street Lewiston, ME 04240 207-795-0111
- Mary’s Family Birthing Center 93 Campus Avenue Lewiston, ME 04240 207-777-8100