Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in New Hampshire » Manchester Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Manchester Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Families hoping to adopt or pregnant women considering adoption may be unsure of what resources are available to them in the Manchester area. Here, you can find everything you need to know to complete your Pittsburgh adoption from start to finish. Read on to find information about Manchester adoption and foster care professionals, home study providers, hospitals, and more.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in ManchesterTo begin the adoption process, many hopeful adoptive parents and pregnant women considering adoption first choose an adoption professional to help guide them through the process. You have many choices when selecting an adoption professional. If you are interested in working with an adoption agency or attorney near Manchester, consider the following:
- Bethany Christian Services
- Adoptive Families for Children
- Catholic Charities of New Hampshire
- Law Offices of Karen Shea
- Family Law New Hampshire
Manchester Foster Care ResourcesLike adoptive parents, foster parents must meet the requirements of their state before they can care for a child. If you want to become a foster parent in New Hampshire, you must fit the following criteria:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Own or rent a home
- Complete a home study and criminal records checks for household members over 17 years of age
- Provide five references
- Submit statements of good health
- Complete Foster & Adoptive Care Essentials (FACES) training
Home Study ProvidersFor prospective parents, the home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. Consisting of interviews, background checks, home visits and a written report, the New Hampshire home study helps ensure that your home is fit for a child. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your adoption home study and ensure it complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in your state:
- New Hope for Children 1-844-264-2367 This private practice is licensed to provide home studies, post-placement assessments, and adoption counseling for anyone pursuing adoption in New Hampshire.
- Child and Family Services 800-640-6486 Child and Family Services will offer domestic and international home studies, updates, and post-placement assessments in accordance with New Hampshire Adoption Standards.
Hospitals near ManchesterAs the baby’s due date draws closer, it is up to the expectant mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, this will be your opportunity to decide who is in the delivery room with you, how much time you will spend with your baby and the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to begin planning your hospital stay, your adoption agency will work with the delivery hospital to make them aware of your wishes. Here are some local Manchester hospitals that you may be able to work with:
- Elliot Hospital 1 Elliot Way, Suite 100 Manchester, NH 03103 603-669-5300
- Catholic Medical Center 100 McGregor Street Manchester, NH 03102 603-668-3545