Nashua Adoption & Foster Care Resources
As a prospective adoptive or birth parent in Nashua, you likely have many questions about how to adopt or place a baby for adoption in New Hampshire. Fortunately, there are plenty of local adoption professionals available to assist you through the adoption process and answer any questions you might have about adoption in Nashua. Visit our How to Adopt in New Hampshire page for additional resources and information about adoption in the Granite State.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in NashuaAdoption agencies are licensed, full-service adoption professionals, meaning that they are equipped to help you with every stage of your adoption. Whether you are a prospective birth parent or adoptive family, an adoption agency can be a beneficial and convenient resource. See the links below for information about Nashua adoption professionals:
Nashua Foster Care ResourcesTo be a foster parent in Nashua, couples and individuals must meet the requirements of the state and their chosen agency. For prospective foster parents in New Hampshire, that means you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Own or rent a home
- Complete a home study and criminal records checks for household members over 17 years of age
- Provide five references
- Submit statements of good health
- Complete Foster & Adoptive Care Essentials (FACES) training
Home Study ProvidersWhether you choose domestic infant adoption or foster care, you will need to complete a home study that meets New Hampshire laws and requirements. The New Hampshire home study process includes personal interviews, home visits, criminal history checks and more. A complete list of home study requirements and additional information about the process can be found on our Adoption in New Hampshire page. The person or agency conducting the home study must be legally qualified. When you are ready to begin the home study process, here are some trusted providers in New Hampshire:
- New Hope for Children 1-844-264-2367 This private practice is licensed to provide home studies, post-placement assessments, and adoption counseling for anyone pursuing adoption in New Hampshire.
- Child and Family Services 800-640-6486 Child and Family Services will offer domestic and international home studies, updates, and post-placement assessments in accordance with New Hampshire Adoption Standards.
Hospitals near NashuaAs expecting mothers approach their due date, they must also begin considering their hospital plan, which includes where they would like to give birth, who they want to be with them, and how much time they would like with their baby. If this describes your situation, you can begin working with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to ensure that you have a positive labor and delivery experience. Follow the links below for more information on hospitals and maternity wards near Nashua:
- Southern New Hampshire Health 8 Prospect Street Nashua, NH 03060 603-577-2000
- Joseph Hospital 172 Kinsley Street Nashua, NH 03060 603-882-3000