Elizabeth Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are a family hoping to grow through adoption or a pregnant woman considering adoption for your baby, you will need a variety of services and support throughout the adoption process. Here, you will find all the local adoption agencies, foster care information and home study providers you need to complete your adoption in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
Elizabeth Adoption Agencies and ProfessionalsProspective birth parents and hopeful adoptive families both have the option of working with an adoption agency in their area. When you choose to adopt with an agency, you will have an adoption specialist to guide you through the process and provide education, counseling, and comprehensive adoption services. Below, you can follow the links to adoption professionals in or around Elizabeth:
- Alliance for Children
- Children’s Aid and Family Services
- Andrew M. Wolfenson, Attorney at Law
- Douglas M. Pine, LLC
Elizabeth Foster Care InformationTo learn more about foster care in your area, contact one of the following resources:
Home Study Providers in New JerseyConsisting of personal interviews, background checks, home visits and more, the New Jersey home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your adoption home study and ensure it complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in the state of New Jersey:
- Family Options 732-936-0770 For over two decades, this licensed, non-profit adoption agency has been helping New Jersey families grow their families by conducting home studies and providing other services.
- Adoptions from the Heart 856-665-5655 AFTH is licensed in several states, including New Jersey, to provide home studies and help you at every step of the adoption process.
Hospitals near ElizabethPregnant mothers who are considering adoption must also consider their hospital plan as their due date approaches. If you are planning your hospital stay, you can work with your adoption specialist to determine where and how you would like to have your baby, who you want to be present with you, and how much contact you would like with your baby and the adoptive family on the big day. To help you plan your hospital stay, you can contact one of the following hospitals near Elizabeth for more information on their facilities:
- Trinitas Regional Medical Center 225 Williamson Street Elizabeth, NJ 07202 908-994-5000
- Overlook Medical Center 99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit, NJ 07901 908-522-2000
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center 94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston NJ 07039 973-322-5000