Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in New Jersey » Jersey City Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Jersey City Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are a hopeful parent seeking to adopt or a pregnant woman considering an adoption plan, there are many local adoption and foster care resources in Jersey City. The following provides information about local adoption agencies, home study providers and other adoption services in and around Jersey City, New Jersey. Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state are included in our New Jersey adoption information.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals near Jersey CityThere are multiple kinds of adoption professionals you can consult if you are considering adoption, including facilitators, law firms, and law centers. Adoption agencies, whether they are national or local, are beneficial to expecting mothers and adoptive families because they provide all of the services you need in one place. Here, you can find some adoption professionals near the Jersey City area or in the state of New Jersey:
- Spence-Chapin, New Jersey Office
- Bethany in Fair Lawn
- Children’s Aid and Family Services
- Better Living Adoption Services
Foster Care ProfessionalsIf you are interested in fostering a child in or near Jersey City, you will need to meet all state requirements for foster parents and complete the home study process. The requirements to become a foster parent in New Jersey include:
- Be at least 18 years of age and 10 years older than the child in your care
- Show proof of ability to financially support yourself
- Pass a home study
- Complete 27 hours of PRIDE training
- State of New Jersey Department of Children and Families
- Harvest of Hope
- Family & Children’s Services
Home Study ProfessionalsAnyone seeking to adopt or become a foster parent in Jersey City must complete a home study that satisfies all New Jersey requirements. Information about the New Jersey home study process, qualifications and post-placement study is available here. In addition, the following professionals are legally qualified to perform home studies in New Jersey and can provide more information about what to expect during the home study: Near Jersey City:
- Homestudies & Adoption Placement Services 201-836-5554 Located in Teaneck, HAPS is devoted to helping families through a variety of adoption services, including domestic and international home studies.
- United Family 908-755-4848 United Family offers a variety of different home study, evaluation, and post-placement services for families in New Jersey.
- Holt International 609-882-4972 With multiple locations across the country, Holt International has specialists to help families anywhere with their home study needs.
- Golden Cradle Adoption Services 1-800-327-2229 You can find contact information and guidelines for how to complete a New Jersey home study on the Golden Cradle website.
- Family Options 732-936-0770 Family Options is a licensed, non-profit adoption agency that is staffed with licensed professionals to help you through your home study.
Hospitals in Jersey CityA crucial part of an expecting mother’s adoption plan is preparing for her hospital stay. If you are pursuing adoption for your child, you will want to speak to your adoption specialist and healthcare provider as your due date approaches. Together, you will be able to plan what kind of delivery experience you want, who you want to be with you, and how much time you would like with your baby. As you begin thinking about your hospital trip, you can contact one of the following nearby hospitals:
- Jersey City Medical Center 355 Grand Street Jersey City, NJ 07302 201-915-2000
- CarePoint Health Christ Hospital 176 Palisade Avenue Jersey City, NJ 07306 201-795-8200