Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in New Mexico » Albuquerque Adoption and Foster Care Resources
Albuquerque Adoption and Foster Care Resources
Whether you are pregnant and thinking about adoption for your baby or a family hoping to grow through adoption, you will need a variety of services and support throughout the adoption process. Here, find local resources and adoption information for the Albuquerque area.
Albuquerque Adoption Professionals and Adoption AgenciesThroughout the adoption process, most prospective birth parents and hopeful adoptive families choose to use an adoption professional’s services. The professional you choose will be your go-to source for education, support and the services you need to complete your adoption. Here are some Albuquerque adoption professionals near you:
How to Become a Foster Parent in AlbuquerqueCouples and individuals considering foster care in Albuquerque must meet the requirements of the state and their chosen agency. For prospective foster parents in New Mexico, that means meeting certain residency requirements, completing a New Mexico home study and attending training. If you are interested in becoming a foster family, contact a local foster care organization: New Mexico adoption information.
Home Study Providers in AlbuquerqueConsisting of personal interviews, background checks, a safety inspection and more, the New Mexico home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. When you are ready to complete the home study, it is important to choose the right professional to ensure you are in compliance with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in your area:
- Adoptions Plus 505-323-6002 Adoptions Plus provides all adoption services with individual care and attention, reasonable rates and in a timely manner that meets the requirements for domestic and international adoptions.
- Adoption Assistance Agency 505-821-7779 Adoption Assistance Agency provides home study services according to New Mexico adoption laws and regulations as well as agency policies developed from years of experience.
Hospitals in AlbuquerqueIf you are an expectant mother pursuing adoption, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. You can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to determine the type of labor and delivery experience you want to have. As you create your hospital plan, here are some Albuquerque hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Presbyterian Hospital 1100 Central Ave. SE Albuquerque, NM 505-841-1234
- Lovelace Westside Hospital 10501 Golf Course Rd. NW Albuquerque, NM 87114 505-727-2000
- Lovelace Women’s Hospital 4701 Montgomery Blvd. NE Albuquerque, NM 87109 505-727-7800
- UNM Hospital 2211 Lomas Blvd. NE Albuquerque, NM 87106 505-272-2111