Roswell Adoption and Foster Care Resources
If you are contemplating adoption in Roswell, New Mexico, either as a prospective adoptive parent or as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, you likely have questions about local adoption resources, laws and processes. Here, find information about Roswell adoption agencies, home study providers and other local adoption and foster care services. Find additional information about adoption and foster care throughout New Mexico on our state adoption page.
Adoption Professionals and Adoption Agencies in RoswellWhether you are considering adopting or placing a baby for adoption in Roswell, the professional you choose to work with can provide the guidance, services and support you need through the adoption process. Some adoptive and birth parents are most comfortable working with a local or regional adoption agency. The following adoption professionals can help you complete your adoption in Roswell:
Foster Care Professionals in RoswellFoster care programs, requirements and processes vary depending on state laws. In New Mexico, the requirements for foster parents include:
- Be 21 years of age
- Attend parenting classes and an orientation program
- Complete the New Mexico home study
- And more
Home Study Providers in RoswellWhether you choose domestic infant adoption or foster care, you will need to complete a home study that meets New Mexico laws and requirements. The New Mexico home study process includes personal interviews, home visits, criminal history checks and more. A complete list of home study requirements and additional information about the process can be found on our How to Adopt in New Mexico page. The person or agency conducting the home study must be legally qualified. When you are ready to begin the home study process, here are some trusted providers in New Mexico:
- Adoptions Plus 505-323-6002 Adoptions Plus provides all adoption services with individual care and attention, reasonable rates and in a timely manner that meets the requirements for domestic and international adoptions.
- Adoption Assistance Agency 505-821-7779 Adoption Assistance Agency provides home study services according to New Mexico adoption laws and regulations as well as agency policies developed from years of experience.
Hospitals in RoswellAs the baby’s due date draws closer, it is up to the expectant mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, this will be your opportunity to decide who is in the delivery room with you, how much time you will spend with your baby and the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to begin planning your hospital stay, your adoption agency will work with the delivery hospital to make them aware of your wishes. Here are some local Roswell hospitals that you may be able to work with:
- Lovelace Regional Hospital – Roswell 117 E. 19th Street Roswell, NM 88201 575-627-7000
- Eastern New Mexico Medical Center 405 W. Country Club Road Roswell, NM 88201 575-622-8170