All the unplanned pregnancy resources you need to help you make a decision.
Facing an unplanned pregnancy in Tennessee can cause you to feel scared and anxious. Although you may feel overwhelmed, you do not have to go through this experience alone.
To get help today, you can contact us now.
You also can access unplanned pregnancy resources that can help you weigh your options. Here’s what you need to know about going through an unwanted pregnancy in Tennessee, including how you can find support and how you can move forward.
“How Do I Handle my Unplanned and Unwanted Pregnancy in Tennessee?”
Many women seeking unplanned pregnancy help in Tennessee have a lot of questions. A few of the most common questions include:
- How can I find resources for an unplanned pregnancy in Tennessee?
- What are some alternative pregnancy options in Tennessee?
- What are the early pregnancy options for women in Tennessee?
- What type of unplanned pregnancy support can I get?
You’ll find the answer to these types of unplanned pregnancy questions in this guide, which we’ve broken down into five parts:
- Part 1: Options for unwanted pregnancy in Tennessee.
- Part 2: Adoption is free to you, the prospective birth mother.
- Part 3: You can choose your adoption agency.
- Part 4: You are in control and can choose the best type of adoption for you.
- Part 5: You get support from an adoption specialist during and after your pregnancy.
Part 1: Options for Dealing with Unplanned Pregnancies in Tennessee
Every woman has three options for dealing with an unplanned pregnancy in Tennessee.
Choice 1: Parenting in Tennessee
Many women who face unplanned pregnancy in Tennessee choose to parent their babies. Adding a child to your life and becoming a parent can be a beautiful experience. And even if a woman didn’t intend to get pregnant, she can still feel joy upon seeing her positive pregnancy test.
Although parenthood is a common choice for women experiencing unplanned pregnancy in Tennessee, it’s not for everyone.
Some women don’t want to become a parent, and other women aren’t ready to become a parent. And some women who are already mothers cannot add another child to their family due to financial concerns or other personal reasons.
If you choose to become a parent, unplanned pregnancy services in Tennessee can help you through your pregnancy. These resources also can help you prepare for life with your baby.
Tennessee also has other resources for parents. If you’ve decided to become a parent, you can:
- Start to research local hospitals where you can give birth.
- Visit the Tennessee Department of Human Services’ website and see if you’re eligible for financial help.
- Consider contacting crisis pregnancy centers for free pregnancy help.
Choice 2: Abortion in Tennessee
If you are experiencing an unwanted pregnancy in Tennessee, you are likely under a lot of stress and considering all your options. Abortion is an option for women facing an unplanned pregnancy in Tennessee. But, if you choose to pursue abortion in Tennessee, state-specific regulations limit how and when a woman can get the procedure.
If you choose abortion, make sure you contact a provider as soon as possible. State-specific abortion limits (such as gestational age laws, unplanned pregnancy counseling, abortion waiting periods, etc.) can change.
If you want fact-based information about abortion in Tennessee, consult these unbiased organizations:
Planned Parenthood: Helps pregnant individuals get safe and legal abortions in the state.
1-800-ADOPTION: This 24-hour service provides nonjudgmental, unbiased information about parenting, abortion, and adoption. No one will try to convince you to complete the adoption process. Calls are free and confidential.
Choice 3: Adoption in Tennessee
Adoption is your third option if you experience an unplanned pregnancy in Tennessee. Although adoption is an excellent choice for women facing an unplanned pregnancy, many prospective birth mothers don’t know a lot about this choice.
The following explain why adoption is a great choice for women looking for unwanted pregnancy options.
Part 2: Adoption is Free to You, the Prospective Birth Mother
Many prospective mothers worry that adoption is expensive and will cost a lot of money. You may be surprised to find out that adoption is 100% free to you. Also, many prospective birth mothers are eligible for financial help throughout their pregnancy.
Some eligible birth mother expenses include:
- Maternity clothing
- Child’s clothing
Part 3: You Can Choose Your Adoption Agency
There are many reputable adoption agencies to work with throughout Tennessee. If you want to contact an adoption agency to discuss your options about what to do when you have unplanned pregnancy, consider the following:
• American Adoptions: This national adoption agency helps prospective mothers place their children in loving homes and adoptive families find babies. They serve people in Tennessee and throughout the United States.
• Miriam’s Promise: A Tennessee-based adoption agency founded in 1985.
• Harmony Family Center: This organization provides family and child-centered services and facilitates adoptions.
• Catholic Charities of Tennessee: This catholic organization provides community resources and adoption help.
• Hannah’s Hope: A Christian adoption agency that works with families and prospective birth moms in west Tennessee.
Part 4: You Are in Control and Can Choose the Type of Adoption That’s Best for You
If you choose adoption in Tennessee, you will have complete control of the adoption process. As a prospective birth mother, you can:
- Remain in total control of the adoption process up until giving adoption consent.
- Choose your baby’s adoptive parents.
- Choose the type of relationship (if any) you will have with your baby after you’ve given birth.
Many prospective birth mothers also don’t know that open adoption is an option. Choosing open adoption allows you to pick how often you contact your baby’s adoptive family and your baby after giving birth.
For example, some birth moms exchange photos or schedule regular video chats and phone calls with their baby’s adoptive family. Other birth mothers build a close relationship with their baby and the adoptive family, and even plan regular in-person visits.
Part 5: You Get Support From an Adoption Specialist During and After Your Pregnancy
Your adoption specialist will provide continual care throughout the adoption process. Support even continues after you give birth. Adoption professionals will guide you through every step of the adoption process to ensure you never feel confused or alone.
You are free to choose any of the three unplanned pregnancy choices available to you in Tennessee. Knowing that you have these options may ease some of the stress of what to do with unplanned pregnancy. Use this guide to consider the best unplanned pregnancy option for you. No matter the decision you make, it’s your health and wellbeing that matters most.
If you’d like to speak with an adoption specialist today, contact us now. We would be happy to connect you with a trustworthy adoption professional.