Nashville Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are interested in adopting a child or placing a baby for adoption in the Nashville area, there are many local resources available to you. This guide provides information about Nashville adoption agencies, home study professionals and other adoption and foster care services in the area. Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state can be found on our Tennessee adoption page.
Nashville Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsWhen you are ready to begin the adoption process, you will likely need to work with an adoption professional to receive the services and support you need to complete the adoption. Some adoptive families and birth parents prefer to work with a local or regional adoption agency. The following adoption agencies have locations in Nashville and can ensure that you meet all Tennessee requirements as you move through the adoption process:
Become a Foster Parent in NashvilleIf you live in Nashville, Tennessee, and are interested in fostering a child, you will need to meet certain state requirements for foster parents and complete the home study process. Information about foster parent eligibility, as well as Tennessee home study requirements, is included in our state adoption information. For more information about foster care and foster-to-adopt placements in Nashville and throughout the rest of the state, visit the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services. The following local agencies and resources can also provide additional information about becoming a foster parent in Nashville:
Completing the Home Study in NashvilleThe home study is a major milestone in every adoption and foster care process, and home study requirements are determined by the state. In Tennessee, the process includes at least one visit to the home and interviews with all members of the household. For more information about what to expect during the home study, visit our guide to Adoption in Tennessee. When you are ready to begin the home study process, contact any of these legally qualified home study providers in your area: Near Nashville:
- Adoption Promises 731-415-7503 Adoption Promises has served all of Tennessee for over 12 years, offering domestic and international home studies, post-placement supervision and home study updates.
- Adoption Assistance 859-236-2761 Adoption Assistance is a Kentucky and Tennessee licensed nonprofit adoption agency providing home studies for domestic and international adoptions, adoption training, post-placement services and home investigations for independent adoptions.
- New Beginnings International Children’s & Family Services 855-862-4784 New Beginnings provides quality, professional domestic and international home study services for adoptive parents in Tennessee.
- Options 4 Adoption, Inc. 770-928-1871 Options 4 Adoption is licensed in the state of Tennessee as a nonprofit child-placing agency that offers home studies for domestic and international adoptions, post-placement supervision and home study updates.
Hospitals in NashvilleIf you choose adoption for your baby, it will be up to you to plan your hospital stay. Your hospital plan will include your preferences for who is in the delivery room with you, how much you will interact with your baby and the adoptive family, and more. The delivery hospital will be aware of your hospital plan ahead of time to ensure a smooth labor and delivery process. When you are ready to make your hospital plan, here are some local Nashville hospitals you may be working with:
- Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital 2000 Church Street Nashville, TN 37236 615-284-2229
- Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital 1700 Medical Center Parkway Murfreesboro, TN 37129 615-396-4502
- TriStar Centennial Women’s Hospital 2221 Murphy Ave. Nashville, TN 37203 615-342-1000
- Vanderbilt Center for Women’s Health 719 Thompson Lane, Suite 27100 Nashville, TN 37204 615-343-5700
Adoption Laws and QualificationsHopeful parents and pregnant women considering adoption often have questions about Nashville adoption laws, qualifications and processes. Adoption laws are determined by the state, and are the same in Nashville as in Memphis, Knoxville and anywhere else in Tennessee. Read below for an overview of some of the adoption laws regulating adoption in Nashville. For Birth Parents Many birth mothers and fathers have questions about the laws, rules and qualifications for placing a baby for adoption in Nashville. Information about adoption consent, relinquishment, paternity and more is available here. For Adoptive Families Hopeful adoptive parents in Tennessee must meet certain age and residency requirements and follow all laws regulating adoption expenses, finalization, the use of advertising, and more. An outline of laws and regulations for adoptive families in Tennessee is available on our Tennessee adoption page. County Courts Following placement, your adoption will need to be finalized in court. If you are finalizing your adoption in Nashville, Tennessee, find your local courthouse and other information about finalizing your adoption in your county:
- Cannon County
- Cheatham County
- Davidson County
- Dickson County
- Hickman County
- Macon County
- Maury County
- Robertson County
- Rutherford County
- Smith County
- Sumner County
- Trousdale County
- Williamson County
- Wilson County