Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Tennessee » Chattanooga Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Chattanooga Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you live in or near Chattanooga and are considering adoption, either as a prospective adoptive parent or as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, you likely have questions about local adoption resources, laws and processes. Here, find information about Chattanooga adoption agencies, home study providers and other local adoption and foster care services. For more information about adoption and foster care throughout Tennessee, visit our state adoption information page.
Adoption Professionals and Adoption Agencies in ChattanoogaWhether you are a prospective birth parent or an adoptive family, the professional you choose to work with will guide you through the adoption process and ensure you receive the necessary services and support to complete your adoption in Chattanooga. If you live in Chattanooga and are interested in working with a local or regional adoption agency, the following adoption professionals can help you complete your adoption in accordance with all Tennessee requirements: Tennessee adoption page.
Foster Care Professionals in ChattanoogaFoster care programs, requirements and processes are determined by the state. In Chattanooga, foster parents must meet the following Tennessee requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be a resident of Tennessee
- Complete 23 hours of PATH training
- Complete a home study
- Holston United Methodist Home for Children
- Omni Visions
- Youth Villages
- Partnership for Families, Children and Adults
Home Study Providers in ChattanoogaWhether you are interested in adopting an infant through a private domestic adoption agency or becoming a foster parent in Chattanooga, you will need to complete a home study that meets Tennessee state requirements. The home study process in Tennessee includes personal interviews with the prospective parents, a home inspection, criminal history checks and more. The person or agency conducting the home study must be legally qualified to complete the home study process. Here are some trusted home study providers in your state:
- Options 4 Adoption, Inc. 770-928-1871 Options 4 Adoption is licensed in the state of Tennessee as a nonprofit child-placing agency that offers home studies for domestic and international adoptions, post-placement supervision and home study updates.
- Adoption Promises 731-415-7503 Adoption Promises has served all of Tennessee for over 12 years, offering domestic and international home studies, post-placement supervision and home study updates.
- Adoption Assistance 859-236-2761 Adoption Assistance is a Kentucky and Tennessee licensed nonprofit adoption agency providing home studies for domestic and international adoptions, adoption training, post-placement services and home investigations for independent adoptions.
- New Beginnings International Children’s & Family Services 855-862-4784 New Beginnings provides quality, professional domestic and international home study services for adoptive parents in Tennessee.
Hospitals in ChattanoogaWhen it is finally time for the baby to arrive, it is up to the prospective birth mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, you will have the opportunity to decide who will be in the delivery room with you, how much time you will spend with your baby and the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to begin planning your hospital stay, your adoption agency will work with the delivery hospital to make them aware of your wishes. Here are some local hospitals in Chattanooga that you may be able to work with:
- Parkridge East Hospital 941 Spring Creek Rd. Chattanooga, TN 37412 423-894-7870
- Erlanger Baroness Hospital 975 East Third Street Chattanooga, TN 37403 423-778-7000
- Erlanger East Hospital 1751 Gunbarrel Road Chattanooga, TN 37421 423-778-8700