Memphis Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Those considering adoption often wonder where to find local adoption agencies, home study providers, and other resources in their area. Whether you are making an adoption plan as hopeful parents or as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, the following information includes Memphis adoption agencies, foster care resources and home study professionals to help you get started. For more information about state adoption laws, qualifications and processes, visit our Adoption in Tennessee page.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in MemphisLocal adoption professionals can be a great source of information for adoptive families and prospective birth parents. If you are interested in working with an adoption professional near you, these Memphis area professionals can provide the information and services you need through every step of the adoption process:
Become a Foster Parent in MemphisIf you are considering becoming a foster parent or adding to your family through foster care adoption, these local agencies and resources can provide information about foster care in Memphis: state adoption information page or through the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services.
Memphis Home Study ServicesEvery adoptive family in Memphis must complete the Tennessee home study before a child can be placed in their care. Whether you are fostering or adopting, the home study ensures you are ready to provide a safe and stable home for a child. Information about the home study process is available on our Tennessee Adoption page. The following home study providers can provide additional information about completing the home study in your state:
- Options 4 Adoption, Inc. 770-928-1871 Options 4 Adoption is licensed in the state of Tennessee as a nonprofit child-placing agency that offers home studies for domestic and international adoptions, post-placement supervision and home study updates.
- Adoption Promises 731-415-7503 Adoption Promises has served all of Tennessee for over 12 years, offering domestic and international home studies, post-placement supervision and home study updates.
- Adoption Assistance 859-236-2761 Adoption Assistance is a Kentucky and Tennessee licensed nonprofit adoption agency providing home studies for domestic and international adoptions, adoption training, post-placement services and home investigations for independent adoptions.
- New Beginnings International Children’s & Family Services 855-862-4784 New Beginnings provides quality, professional domestic and international home study services for adoptive parents in Tennessee.
Hospitals in MemphisWhen it is time to finally meet the new baby, a hospital plan will be in place to determine who is in the delivery room, how much time the adoptive and birth parents will spend with the baby at the hospital, and more. As a prospective birth mother, you will have an opportunity that details your desires for your hospital stay. Your adoption professional will work with you and coordinate with the hospital to make them aware of your plan. As you consider your hospital plan, find information about some Memphis maternity hospitals below:
- Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women 6225 Humphreys Blvd. Memphis, TN 38120 901-227-9000
- Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital 7691 Poplar Ave. Germantown, TN 38138 901-516-6000
- Saint Francis Hospital – Memphis 5959 Park Avenue Memphis, TN 38119 901-765-1770
- Methodist South Hospital 1300 Wesley Dr. Memphis, TN 38116 901-516-3700
Adoption Laws and QualificationsProspective birth parents and adoptive families in Memphis are often interested in Tennessee adoption laws, qualifications and processes. For detailed information about adoption laws in Memphis and throughout the state, visit our Tennessee adoption information page. Below, find an overview of some of the areas of adoption that are regulated by state laws. Laws for Birth Parents: For prospective birth parents, the most important legal process in adoption is consent and relinquishment. If you are considering adoption for your baby in Memphis, you can learn about adoption consent, relinquishment and birth father rights in Tennessee here. Laws for Adoptive Parents: All prospective adoptive parents in Tennessee must meet certain requirements to adopt, complete a Tennessee home study and follow all laws regulating adoption expenses, advertising, and more. More information about the legal adoption process in Tennessee is available here. County Courts The final stage of the legal adoption process is the finalization of the adoption, which will be completed in court. If you are adopting in Memphis, Tennessee, find additional information for your county below:
- Chester County
- Dyer County
- Fayette County
- Gibson County
- Hardeman County
- Madison County
- McNairy County
- Obion County
- Shelby County
- Tipton County
- Weakley County