Knoxville Adoption & Foster Care Resources
As a family hoping to grow through adoption or a pregnant woman considering adoption for your baby, you have access to a variety of services and support throughout the adoption process. Here, you will find local resources and adoption information for Knoxville, Tennessee.
Knoxville Adoption Professionals and Adoption AgenciesProspective birth parents and hopeful adoptive families often choose to work with an adoption professional for guidance throughout the process. This professional will provide education, support and the adoption services you need along the way. If you would like to work with an adoption professional in your area, consider the following Knoxville adoption professionals: Adoption in Tennessee page.
How to Become a Foster Parent in KnoxvilleProspective foster parents in Knoxville must meet the requirements of the state and their chosen agency. In Tennessee, that means meeting certain age and residency requirements, complete a home study and attending training. If you are interested in becoming a foster family, contact a local foster care organization: Tennessee adoption information and through the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services.
Home Study Providers in KnoxvilleConsisting of personal interviews, background checks, a home evaluation and more, the Tennessee home study is one of the most important steps in achieving your adoption or foster care goals. Your adoption professional or other home study provider will help you understand the home study process and ensure you are in compliance with all Tennessee laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in your state:
- Options 4 Adoption, Inc. 770-928-1871 Options 4 Adoption is licensed in the state of Tennessee as a nonprofit child-placing agency that offers home studies for domestic and international adoptions, post-placement supervision and home study updates.
- Adoption Promises 731-415-7503 Adoption Promises has served all of Tennessee for over 12 years, offering domestic and international home studies, post-placement supervision and home study updates.
- Adoption Assistance 859-236-2761 Adoption Assistance is a Kentucky and Tennessee licensed nonprofit adoption agency providing home studies for domestic and international adoptions, adoption training, post-placement services and home investigations for independent adoptions.
- New Beginnings International Children’s & Family Services 855-862-4784 New Beginnings provides quality, professional domestic and international home study services for adoptive parents in Tennessee.
Hospitals in KnoxvilleIf you are an considering adoption as an expectant mother, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. As a prospective birth mother, you can work with your adoption specialist to plan the labor and delivery experience you want to have. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Knoxville area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Parkwest Medical Center 9352 Park West Blvd. Knoxville, TN 37923 865-373-1000
- Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center 1901 Clinch Ave. Knoxville, TN 37916 865-541-1111
- University of Tennessee Medical Center 1924 Alcoa Highway Knoxville, TN 37920 865-305-9300