Cheyenne Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you live in the Cheyenne area or are planning to adopt a child from there, you may not know what adoption resources are available to you. Whatever stage you are at in your adoption journey, the following collection of information will help you adopt or place a child for adoption in Cheyenne, Wyoming. If you would like information on the adoption process and related laws, visit our Adoption in Wyoming page.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in CheyenneWhen you are ready to begin the adoption process, you will likely need to work with an adoption professional to receive the services and support you need to complete the adoption. Some adoptive families and birth parents prefer to work with a local or regional adoption agency. The following adoption agencies have locations in Cheyenne and can ensure that you meet all Wyoming requirements as you move through the adoption process:
- Wyoming & Colorado Children’s Society
- Catholic Charities of Wyoming
- Bethany Christian Services
- The Lighthouse Law Firm, LLC
Cheyenne Foster Care ResourcesBeing a foster parent or adopting from the foster system can be a rewarding way to grow your family. Prior to beginning the foster care or foster-to-adopt process in Cheyenne, all prospective parents must meet certain Wyoming state requirements. These requirements can be found on our Wyoming adoption information page. If you are ready to become a foster parent or if you have additional questions, contact a foster care professional in the Cheyenne area:
Home Study ProvidersFor adoptive and foster parents, the home study is one of the most important parts of the process. The Wyoming home study process includes criminal records checks, financial information, personal interviews and more. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your adoption home study and ensure it complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a licensed home study provider in your area:
- Wyoming & Colorado Children’s Society 307-632-7619 Licensed in Wyoming, this adoption service provider can work with families all across the state on home studies and have over 100 years of combined experience.
- Catholic Charities of Wyoming 1-800-788-4606 In addition to providing counseling and other adoption services for families and birth mothers, this branch of Catholic Charities also has state-licensed home study providers.
Hospitals near CheyenneIf you choose adoption for your baby, it will be up to you to plan your hospital stay. Your hospital plan will include your preferences for who is in the delivery room with you, how much you will interact with your baby and the adoptive family, and more. The delivery hospital will be aware of your hospital plan ahead of time to ensure a smooth labor and delivery process. When you are ready to make your hospital plan, here are some local Cheyenne hospitals you may be working with:
- Cheyenne Regional Medical Center – East Campus 2600 East 18th Street Cheyenne, WY 82001 307-634-2273
- Cheyenne Regional Medical Center – West 214 East 23rd Street Cheyenne, WY 82001 307-634-2273