Laramie Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are a hopeful parent seeking to adopt or a pregnant woman considering an adoption plan, there are many local adoption and foster care resources in Laramie. The following provides information about local adoption agencies, home study providers and other adoption services in and around Laramie, Wyoming. Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state are included in our Wyoming adoption information.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in LaramieWhether you are a pregnant mother or a family hoping to adopt, your first step in the adoption process will be choosing a professional. If you are ready to start the process and looking for the right professional, you can start your search by visiting the pages of the following Wyoming agencies and professionals:
- Wyoming and Colorado Children’s Society
- Catholic Charities of Wyoming
- Connecting Hearts, Inc.
- Bethany Christian Services
Laramie Foster Care ResourcesTo be a foster parent in Laramie, couples and individuals must meet the requirements of the state and their chosen agency. For prospective foster parents in Wyoming, that means you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be in good physical and emotional health
- Show proof of financial stability
- Pass criminal and child abuse background checks
Home Study ProvidersThe home study signifies that you are officially ready to adopt a child. During this assessment, a social worker will conduct a background check, visit your home, and interview the members of your household to make sure your home is safe for a baby. The home study can take up to a few months, so it is recommended that you begin as soon as possible. See the sections below for information on Wyoming-licensed home study providers:
- Wyoming & Colorado Children’s Society 307-632-7619 Licensed in Wyoming, this adoption service provider can work with families all across the state on home studies and have over 100 years of combined experience.
- Catholic Charities of Wyoming 1-800-788-4606 In addition to providing counseling and other adoption services for families and birth mothers, this branch of Catholic Charities also has state-licensed home study providers.
Hospitals near LaramieOne of the most emotional parts of the adoption process, both for birth parents and adoptive families, is the time spent in the hospital when the baby is born. It is entirely up to the birth mother to decide how she would like her hospital stay to go. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, you will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure everything happens exactly as you want it to. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, the following Laramie area hospitals may be able to assist you:
- Ivinson Memorial Hospital 255 North 30th Street Laramie, Wyoming 82072 307-742-2141