Building the family of your dreams is an amazing opportunity, but there’s one practical aspect that you don’t want to forget — and that’s paying for your adoption! If you’re looking for articles that can help explain why adoptions tend to cost so much, the common types of adoption fees, and so much more, then you’re in the right place. Below, find some of the best articles and resources to help you prepare for the costs of adoption.
The Facts About Adoption Costs
- “Why is Adoption So Expensive?”: For many adoptive families, it can be hard to understand the high costs of building a family through adoption. This reaction is understandable, but knowing everything that’s involved in an adoption should help clear up why these costs exist.
- “How Much Does Adoption Really Cost?”: This article breaks down average costs by the type of adoption you might be interested in — foster care, private domestic adoption, and international adoption. As you’ll see, these numbers can vary quite a bit. If costs will be a big factor in the type of adoption you choose, then you might want to check out this page.
- “Do You Have to Pay to Adopt?”: This is also another common question that adoptive families ask and, if you’ve seen adoption agencies that advertise “free adoptions,” you might be curious about why you have to pay to bring a child into your life. The short answer is, yes, you do have to pay to adopt a child. But there are several reasons why this is the case. Find out more about what’s involved in adopting a child and where your money is going in this article.
- “How Much Does it Cost to Adopt a Child? ‐ Avoid Paying Too Much”: As an adoptive family, the last thing that you want is to get in over your head by paying for adoption fees that you don’t need. This is a great article that covers the types of adoption professionals, along with some big red flags that you should keep an eye out for during your adoption. Remember, cheaper doesn’t always mean that you’re getting better service when it comes to an adoption.
- “Comparing the Costs of Domestic, International and Foster Care Adoption”: Costs won’t be the same across all types of adoptions. Similar to the How Much Does Adoption Really Cost? article, this article goes a bit more in‐depth about the kinds of fees you can expect to pay for each type of adoption. If you’d like to see even more numbers before you start budgeting, check out this article.
While some adoptive families might have the funds to support their adoption dreams from the get‐go, others might need additional support to make their dreams of raising family come true — and that’s completely understandable. Affording adoption is one of the biggest concerns for many adoptive families, and it can be intimidating to come up with the costs on your own. Even though it may be a difficult journey, we hope that these articles show that affording adoption is more than possible.
- “Adoption Financing 101: How to Afford Adoption”: Although the cost of adoption can be quite high, you don’t have to be rich to make your parenting dreams come true. In fact, adoption financing is more than possible. This article provides a step‐by‐step guide to all the general information you need to know about financing your adoption.
- “Adoption Grants 2018”: Because adoption grants have no interest and you never have to pay them back, they are a popular choice for many families in the adoption community. But although there are plenty of benefits to using grants, it does come with its own set of challenges. If you’re wondering about how to get an adoption grant and want to know where to start, check out this article.
- “What You Need to Know About Adoption Loans”: Of course, many of us are familiar with loans. But did you know that there are also loans for adoption? While taking out loans to cover the pressing cost of an adoption isn’t an ideal situation — and you should absolutely be cautious before signing your name on the dotted line — sometimes it’s necessary for many adoptive families. If you’re considering this route, this article goes into details about the process.
- “10 Fundraising Ideas for Adoption”: In addition to applying for grants and adoption loans, you can also think about fundraising for adoption. There are plenty of great fundraising ideas for adoptive families that you might think about starting. This article provides a list of 10 of the best adoption fundraising ideas for adoptive families.
- “Do You Get Financial Help if You Adopt?”: Unfortunately, you’re not guaranteed financial help for an adoption. However, your adoption professional may be able to help you budget for your adoption and connect you with resources to make it all possible. This article goes in‐depth about where to find financial help during your adoption.
Budgeting for Your Adoption
With the right tools, budgeting for your adoption is more than possible. Don’t let the costs of an adoption deter you from this life‐changing opportunity. If you’re having trouble finding additional resources, reach out to an adoption professional for more information.