When you’re considering adoption, there’s a lot you have to think about. How will you find the perfect family? Is it possible to get financial assistance? And, perhaps most importantly, who should you work with to start your adoption?
That’s where pregnant adoption agencies come in. The adoption process is often known for being lengthy and confusing. This is why it’s crucial to work with a professional that knows what they’re doing.
Below, we’ll go over what you need to know when looking for adoption agencies for pregnant women. We’ll also talk about how these adoption agencies can help prospective birth mothers throughout the process. If you’d like to get more information, you can fill out our free information form to be contacted by a specialist.
In the meantime, here’s what you need to know about pregnant adoption agencies.
What Do Pregnant Adoption Agencies Do?
Adoption agencies for pregnant women are licensed organizations that help facilitate the placement of infants between birth parents and adoptive families. They also help with legal paperwork, handling financial assistance for birth mothers, and much more. There are all kinds of adoption agencies out there. But the ones that you’ll likely be working with are either a local adoption agency or a national adoption agency.
While some families and birth parents choose to complete an independent adoption with someone they already know, working with an adoption agency is typically a better option. Because pregnant adoption agencies have to adhere to state and federal laws, you can be sure that your adoption will be completed to the highest standards. This way, you can rest easy knowing that your adoption is completed legally and safely.
We know that adoption is an incredibly emotional decision. But no matter what kind of situation you’re facing right now, a good adoption agency will provide unbiased, nonjudgmental counseling to help you feel good about your decision. When Erika was looking for adoption agencies, she knew she found the right one after receiving support from her caring adoption specialist:
“I could not have asked for a better set of people in my life,” she said. “They made the whole process amazing… I never went back and forth with my decision, but it was still a tough decision.
“I don’t know how I would have done it without Shannon [Her adoption specialist],” she adds.
Additionally, any information you get from an adoption agency is 100 perfect free. They can even help you get financial assistance throughout your adoption. What you’re considering is brave, selfless and heroic, so any adoption agency wants to do everything they can to help you.
Below, we’ll go into more detail about what makes a “giving up” for adoption agency great.
How Can I Work with Adoption Agencies to Put a Baby Up for Adoption?
You are considering something incredibly brave to give your baby an amazing life. You are not “giving up” by “giving your child up” for adoption — and agencies know that. Good adoption agencies to “give up” a child will always respect your decision and be by your side through every step of this process. Pregnant adoption agencies can help you with just about everything you need to place your baby with an amazing adoptive family. Some of the things that they’re known for are:
- Screening adoptive families: We know how important it is to make sure that the family you choose is safe, stable, and ready to adopt. That’s why any adoption center to “give up” a child should have a thorough screening process so that you know you’re in good hands.
- Helping you find the perfect waiting family: There are tons of great families out there. But how do you know when you’ve found the right one for you? That’s where an adoption agency can step in and help. No matter what you’re looking for, they’ll help you find it. And because you’ll be working with a national adoption agency, you’ll have access to families from across the country. Which means that you have a better chance of finding the perfect match. The more families a professional works with, the more options you have!
- Counseling and support: Facing an unplanned pregnancy is never easy, and you shouldn’t have to go through it alone. Thankfully you don’t have to. Pregnant adoption agencies that offer 24/7 support are readily available and ready to listen whenever you need them.
- Adoption and hospital planning: Every adoption starts with the prospective birth mother. As such, you get to create the perfect adoption and hospital plan that outlines all of your wishes for this important day — like who you want in the room with you, how much time you want to spend with your baby and the adoptive family, and more. Your adoption specialist will help you along the way, but it’s up to you to craft the perfect plan that has everything you’re looking for.
- Financial assistance for birth parents: An unplanned pregnancy can easily put you under financial strain. That’s why adoption agencies for birth mothers do everything they can to give you the maximum amount of assistance possible. Having one less thing to worry about means that you can focus on having a healthy and safe pregnancy instead of worrying about money.
I’m Looking for Adoption Agencies to Place My Child Up for Adoption – What Should I Look for?
There are some great pregnant adoption agencies that you can choose from as a prospective birth mother. But you should always work with one that respects your needs and puts you first.
If you’re having trouble deciding which type of pregnant adoption agency to work with, a good place to start is by looking for one that puts their birth parents and adoptive families first. A great way to find this is by looking for adoption agencies whose staff include birth parents, adoptive parents and adoptees. They can truly offer the best support, guidance and encouragement from start to finish because they know exactly what you’re going through. No matter what kind of questions you have, you’ll always have someone available who can answer them.
Additionally, the adoption center to “give up” a child you choose should:
- Provide unbiased information about all of your unplanned pregnancy options, not just adoption
- Never make you feel pressured into a decision that you’re not ready for
- Be able to provide emotional support, no matter what time you call
- Support you as you build a relationship with the adoptive family and your child (if you choose to have one)
When Carmen started her adoption journey, she knew that working with one of the best national adoption agencies for birth mothers was the right decision for her:
“I researched many agencies and spoke with specialists from a few. I knew from the first phone call with Brighid, my adoption specialist, that this was the agency I wanted to work with. Brighid’s guidance was immeasurable.”
Which Type of Pregnant Adoption Agency Should I Work With?
While you have the option of working with local adoption agencies for birth mothers, national adoption agencies are much better all around.
Because these large, domestic adoption agencies have everything you could need for your adoption in one place. Truly, they do it all. Their size and scope gives you, the woman considering adoption, more families to look through. In other words, you’ll have more chances to find the perfect family for your baby.
Angelica, a birth mother, initially had had own struggles with finding the perfect family:
“I wanted to keep my options open, so I asked her to email me some more [family profiles],” Angelica said. “Eventually, she [my adoption specialist] had sent me every single one of the waiting couples on the whole list.”
And when it came down to making her decision, Rachel —her adoption specialist — gave her some words of encouragement:
“She told me that whenever I find the right couple, I’ll just know they’re the right ones.”
Because national pregnant adoption agencies have been well established over a long period of time, they offer the kind of stability and security that local adoption agencies just can’t match. They’re incredibly reliable, so you won’t have to worry about getting the help you need when you need it. And when you’re ready to start looking at families, there are plenty for you to choose from. You can take a look at our website to find a family that has everything you’ve been waiting for and more.
Are There Adoption Agencies Willing to Take My Baby No Matter What?
Yes. Some prospective birth parents worry that the circumstances in their life will prevent them from choosing adoption — whether it’s something in their social or medical history, their current living situation, or even the age of their baby. These women often wonder, “What agencies will find parents to adopt my baby? Are there organizations to place a child for adoption even in my situation?”
The answer to both of these questions is always yes. Right now, you’re considering an incredibly brave and selfless decision. And we know that you only want to do what’s best for your baby. But no matter what situation you’re facing, help is always be readily available from an adoption agency. ready and willing to help. If adoption is the right decision for you, they can walk you through the entire process.
I Want to Place My Child for Adoption. What Are Some Adoption Agency Websites to Help Me Get Started?
If you’re considering adoption for your baby, there are a ton of agencies that can help. A few places that you might considering contacting are:
How Can I Contact Pregnant Adoption Agencies?
Contacting a place-a-child-for-adoption agency is simpler than you might think. If you’re ready to make an adoption plan, we’d be happy to connect you to a specialist who can answer all of your questions. To get in touch with agencies for information about your options for unplanned pregnancy and adoption, fill out our free information form today to get started.