Columbus Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you live in the Columbus, Georgia, area and are considering adoption, either as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy or as a prospective adoptive parent, you are likely wondering about Georgia adoption laws, rules and qualifications. Below, find the information you need about local adoption agencies, home study providers and other Columbus adoption and foster care resources.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in ColumbusYour adoption professional will provide pre- and post-placement services and support through each step of the adoption process. These professionals have offices in Columbus and can provide detailed information about adoption in your area:
Foster Care Professionals in ColumbusIf you are interested in adopting through the foster care system or providing temporary care as a foster parent, you must meet certain state requirements and become licensed through a local foster care agency. In Georgia, prospective foster parents must meet certain age requirements and undergo a background check and home study process. To learn more about the requirements and steps to become a foster parent in Columbus, contact a foster care professional in your area:
- Benchmark Family Services
- Twin Cedars Youth and Family Services
- Lifeline Children’s Services
- Muscogee County DFCS
- Chattahoochee County DFCS
- Harris County DFCS
- Marion County DFCS
Home Study Providers in ColumbusWhether you are growing your family through private domestic infant adoption or through the Georgia foster system, you will be required to complete a home study prior to placement. The home study is an important step in every adoption and foster care process. When you are ready to begin the adoption home study, contact a Georgia home study provider near you:
- Options 4 Adoption 770-928-1871 Options 4 Adoption is licensed in Georgia, Florida and Tennessee as a nonprofit home study agency. Services include home studies for domestic and international adoptions, post-placement supervision and home study report updates.
- A Adoption Advocates of Georgia 770-778-2751 A Adoption Advocates of Georgia is a nonprofit licensed child-placing agency serving all of Georgia that conducts home studies for international adoptions, domestic adoptions and post-placement requirements
- The Adoption Authority, Inc. 800-747-5145 The Adoption Authority, Inc. is a licensed child placement agency in Georgia and Florida that completes domestic and international home studies, home study updates and post-placement reports.
Hospitals in ColumbusAs an expectant mother making an adoption plan, you will have the opportunity to plan your hospital stay when the baby arrives. Your hospital plan will determine who you see in the delivery room, how much time you will spend with the adoptive family, and more. As you consider your hospital plan, find information about Columbus hospitals below:
- Midtown Medical Center 710 Center Street Columbus, GA 31901 706-571-1000
- Francis Hospital 2122 Manchester Expressway Columbus, GA 31904 706-596-4000
- Martin Army Community Hospital 6600 Van Aalst Blvd. Fort Benning, GA 31905 762-408-5151