Macon Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are considering adoption as an expectant mother or hopeful parent in Macon, Georgia, you are likely wondering what to expect through the adoption process. Read on to learn more about Macon adoption agencies, home study professionals and other local adoption and foster care services, and find more information about state adoption laws, processes and qualifications on our adoption in Georgia page.
Macon Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsProspective birth parents and adoptive families often rely on an experienced adoption professional to provide the services and support they need throughout the process. If you would like to work with a local or regional adoption agency, here are some of the adoption professionals serving the Macon area: throughout the state.
Macon Foster Care ResourcesState laws determine foster parent laws, processes and qualifications. In Georgia, prospective foster parents must be at least 10 years older than the child, and, if single, be at least 25 years old. All foster parents must also complete a home study and attend training. The following Macon foster agencies and resources can provide additional information about becoming a foster parent in your area:
Home Study Providers in MaconThe home study is an important step in the process to become a foster or adoptive parent in Macon. The Georgia home study process evaluates prospective parents and ensures they are ready to adopt. Your home study must be conducted by a legally qualified professional in your state. To begin the home study process, contact a provider in Georgia:
- Options 4 Adoption 770-928-1871 Options 4 Adoption is licensed in Georgia, Florida and Tennessee as a nonprofit home study agency. Services include home studies for domestic and international adoptions, post-placement supervision and home study report updates.
- A Adoption Advocates of Georgia 770-778-2751 A Adoption Advocates of Georgia is a nonprofit licensed child-placing agency serving all of Georgia that conducts home studies for international adoptions, domestic adoptions and post-placement requirements.
- AAA Partners in Adoption 770-844-2080 AAA Partners in Adoption provides home study services to families in Georgia.
- The Adoption Authority, Inc. (800)747-5145 The Adoption Authority, Inc. is a licensed child placement agency in Georgia and Florida that completes domestic and international home studies, home study updates and post-placement reports.
Hospitals in MaconIf you are considering adoption for your baby, you will have an opportunity to plan your hospital stay as your due date approaches. Your hospital plan will indicate how you want the labor and delivery to go and who you want to share the experience with. Your adoption professional will work with you, the adoptive family and the delivery hospital to coordinate your hospital stay and ensure a smooth delivery. As you consider your adoption plan, here are some hospitals you may be able to work with:
- Coliseum Medical Centers 350 Hospital Drive Macon, GA 31217 478-765-7000
- Navicent Health 777 Hemlock Street Macon, GA 31201 478-633-1000