Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Kentucky » Bowling Green Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Bowling Green Adoption & Foster Care Resources
As one of the largest cities in Kentucky, Bowling Green has a lot to offer – including adoption services for hopeful families and expecting mothers. If you are looking to adopt or place a baby in Bowling Green, this page will provide you with information on local adoption agencies, foster care professionals, home study providers, and anything else you may need. For more information on the adoption process in your area, see our Kentucky adoption information.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in Bowling GreenProspective birth parents and hopeful adoptive families should work closely with an adoption professional throughout the process. This professional will provide education, counseling and other services you need to complete your adoption. If you would prefer to work with a local or regional professional, consider the following Bowling Green adoption professionals:
Bowling Green Foster Care ResourcesFoster care programs, requirements and processes vary depending on state laws. In Kentucky, the requirements for foster parents include:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Show evidence of good mental and physical health
- Be financially stable
- Attend an information meeting and foster parent training
- Complete a home study
Home Study ProvidersAll prospective adoptive families must complete a home study. It is recommended that you begin the process as soon as possible, as it can take up to a few months and you must complete it before you can move forward in your adoption. For your home study, you will need to contact a licensed social worker to conduct a background check, a home inspection, and interviews with you and your family. To begin the process or inquire further, contact one of the following Kentucky-licensed home study providers: Near Bowling Green:
- All Blessings International 866-543-7459 ABI offers full training and education services for Kentucky families throughout the home study.
- Adoption Assistance, Inc. 502-254-2425 Adoption Assistance, Inc. is a non-profit child placing agency that is licensed to complete adoptions and home studies in Kentucky and Tennessee.
Hospitals near Bowling GreenAs the baby’s due date draws closer, it is up to the expectant mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, this will be your opportunity to decide who is in the delivery room with you, how much time you will spend with your baby and the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to begin planning your hospital stay, your adoption agency will work with the delivery hospital to make them aware of your wishes. Here are some local Bowling Green hospitals that you may be able to work with:
- The Medical Center 250 Park Street Bowling Green, KY 42101 270-745-1000
- TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital 1801 Ashley Circle Bowling Green, KY 42104 270-793-1000