Louisville Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Every year, families and expecting mothers across the nation are able to complete adoptions right in their home town. For hopeful families and pregnant women considering adoption in Louisville, Kentucky, there are plenty of available resources to consult. Read on for a list of adoption agencies, home study providers, hospitals, and anything else you need to know about adoption in Louisville. For more details on the process, visit our Adoption in Kentucky page.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in LouisvilleThere are multiple kinds of adoption professionals you can consult if you are considering adoption, including facilitators, law firms, and law centers. Adoption agencies, whether they are national or local, are beneficial to expecting mothers and adoptive families because they provide all of the services you need in one place. If you would like to find an adoption agency or other professional in Louisville, follow some of the links below:
- Adoption Services of Kentuckiana
- Adoption Assistance, Inc.
- A Caring Connection
- Childplace, Inc.
- A Child’s Dream
Louisville Foster Care ResourcesParents looking to pursue foster care in Louisville should become familiar with the requirements in Kentucky, which include being at least 21 years old and having the proper physical health, financial stability, and home environment to raise a child. To learn more about foster parenting in Louisville or to inquire about available children, contact one of your nearby foster care professionals:
Home Study ProvidersConsisting of personal interviews, background checks, a home evaluation and more, the Kentucky home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your adoption home study and ensure it complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in your area: Near Louisville:
- Adoption Assistance, Inc. 859-236-2761 As a full-service adoption agency, Adoption Assistance, Inc. also provides home studies for families in Louisville or anywhere else in Kentucky.
- Adoption Bridges of Kentuckiana 502-585-4369 If you are pursuing adoption with another agency, Adoption Bridges of Kentuckiana will work with you and your professional to complete your home study.
- All Blessings International 270-684-2598 All Blessings International offers a number of services, including training and education, for adoptive families during the home study process.
Hospitals near LouisvilleIf you are a pregnant mother and pursuing adoption, you will want to work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to plan your hospital stay. By creating a hospital plan, you can let those involved in your adoption know how you want the big day to proceed and who you want to be there with you. To get started or find more information, you can contact a nearby hospital:
- UofL Physicians 300 East Market Street, Suite 400 Louisville, KY 40202
- Baptist Health Louisville 4000 Kresge Way Louisville, KY 40207 502-897-8100
- Norton Women’s and Kosair Children’s Hospital 4001 Dutchmans Lane Louisville, KY 40207 502-893-1000