Frederick Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are interested in adopting a child or are considering placing your baby for adoption in the Frederick, Maryland, area, there are many local resources available to you. The following provides information about local adoption agencies, home study providers and other adoption and foster care services in Frederick. Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state can be found on our adoption in Maryland page.
Frederick Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsWhether you are ready to begin the adoption process or are simply looking for more adoption information, local adoption professionals can be great resources for the services and support you need. The following adoption agencies are located in Frederick and are experienced in meeting the needs of adoptive and birth parents in Maryland:
- Creative Adoptions, Inc.
- The Barker Adoption Foundation
- Sheri Mullikin – Adoption Attorney
- Adoptions Together
Become a Foster Parent in FrederickIf you are interesting in adopting an older child or becoming a foster parent in Frederick, Maryland, you will need to meet all state requirements for foster parents and complete the home study process. For information about foster care and foster adoption in Frederick and throughout the rest of the state, visit our Maryland adoption page. The Frederick County Department of Social Services can also provide additional information and help you get started as a foster parent in the Frederick area.
Completing the Home Study in FrederickThe home study is a major component of every adoption and foster placement, and home study requirements are determined by state adoption laws. Information about Maryland home study requirements, qualifications and approval is included with our Maryland adoption information. When you are ready to begin the home study process, contact any of these legally qualified home study providers in the Frederick area:
- Adoption Makes Family, Inc. 410-683-2100 Adoption Makes Family, Inc. is a licensed, nonprofit adoption agency that focuses on providing international and domestic home studies.
- Cradle of Hope Adoption Center, Inc. 301-587-4400 Cradle of Hope Adoption Center is a licensed, nonprofit, Hague-accredited adoption agency providing home study, placement and post-adoption services to families adopting in the U.S. and overseas.
- Creative Adoptions, Inc. 301-596-1521 Creative Adoptions is able to provide home studies, updates and post-placement services for Maryland residents.
- Adoptions Together 301-439-2900 Adoptions Together offers home studies for families adopting through their placement programs and to families adopting through other agencies and attorneys.
- Global Adoption Services 410-569-9384 Global Adoption Services, Inc. is a licensed and Hague-accredited nonprofit adoption agency serving families seeking home studies and post-adoption services.
Hospitals in FrederickIf you are facing an unplanned pregnancy and making an adoption plan for your baby, you will have the opportunity to make many important choices throughout the adoption process, including complete control over your hospital stay. You will create a hospital plan that outlines all of your preferences for your labor and delivery. The hospital will be aware of your plan ahead of time to ensure a smooth labor and delivery process. When you are ready to make your hospital plan, here are some Frederick area hospitals that you may be working with:
- Frederick Memorial Hospital 400 W. 17th Street Frederick, MD 21701 240-566-3300
- Carroll Hospital 200 Memorial Ave. Westminster, MD 21157 410-871-7000
- Howard County General Hospital 5755 Cedar Lane Columbia, MD 21044 410-740-7890
- Holy Cross Germantown Hospital 19801 Observation Drive Germantown, MD 20876 301-557-6000
- Shady Grove Medical Center 9901 Medical Center Drive Rockville, MD 20850 240-826-6000