Rockville Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are interested in adoption as an expectant mother or prospective adoptive parent in Rockville, there are many local adoption and foster care agencies, home study professionals and other adoption and foster care services available in your area. Read on to learn more about local professionals and adoption in Rockville, Maryland.
Rockville Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsAs you complete each step of the adoption process, your adoption professional will provide the services and support you need. There are many adoption professionals to choose from, including national and local adoption agencies as well as adoption attorneys. Some adoptive and birth parents prefer to work with a local adoption agency. Here are some local adoption professionals serving Rockville:
Rockville Foster Care ResourcesProspective foster parents must complete a home study and meet all state licensing requirements to ensure they are fully prepared to foster a child. If you would like more information or if you are ready to begin the foster care or foster to adopt process in Rockville, contact the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services to get started. Additional information about the requirements and process to become a foster parent or adopt from the foster system is available on our adoption in Maryland page and through the Maryland Department of Human Resources.
Home Study Providers in RockvilleThe home study is one of the most important parts of the foster care and adoption process in Rockville. In Maryland, the home study evaluates prospective parents and ensures they are ready to adopt based on criminal records checks, personal interviews, and more. For a detailed overview of what to expect during the home study process, visit our How to Adopt in Maryland page. Your home study must be conducted by a legally qualified professional in Maryland. To begin the home study process, contact a provider in your area:
- Adoption Makes Family, Inc. 410-683-2100 Adoption Makes Family, Inc. is a licensed, nonprofit adoption agency that focuses on providing international and domestic home studies.
- Cradle of Hope Adoption Center, Inc. 301-587-4400 Cradle of Hope Adoption Center is a licensed, nonprofit, Hague-accredited adoption agency providing home study, placement and post-adoption services to families adopting in the U.S. and overseas.
- Creative Adoptions, Inc. 301-596-1521 Creative Adoptions is able to provide home studies, updates and post-placement services for Maryland residents.
- Adoptions Together 301-439-2900 Adoptions Together offers home studies for families adopting through their placement programs and to families adopting through other agencies and attorneys.
- Global Adoption Services 410-569-9384 Global Adoption Services, Inc. is a licensed and Hague-accredited nonprofit adoption agency serving families seeking home studies and post-adoption services.
Hospitals in RockvilleFinally, the time will come for the hospital stay and arrival of the baby. If you are an expectant mother making an adoption plan, you will have total control over your hospital stay, including who is in the delivery room with you, how much you interact with the adoptive family, and more. This is known as your hospital plan. Your adoption professional can help you develop your hospital plan and coordinate with hospital staff to ensure your plan is followed. Here are some Rockville hospitals you may work with as you create your plan:
- Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center 9901 Medical Center Drive Rockville, MD 20850 240-826-6000
- Holy Cross Germantown Hospital 19801 Observation Drive Germantown, MD 20876 301-557-6000
- Holy Cross Hospital 1500 Forest Glen Road Silver Spring, MD 20910 301-754-7000