Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Maryland » Gaithersburg Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Gaithersburg Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are from the Gaithersburg area and are considering adoption, either as a prospective adoptive parent or a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, you likely have questions about Maryland adoption laws and processes. Below, find information about Gaithersburg adoption agencies, home study providers, and other local adoption and foster care resources.
Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals in GaithersburgAs a prospective birth parent or adoptive family, your adoption professional will play an integral role in shaping your experience. Your adoption agency or attorney can help guide you through the process and ensure you receive the support and services you need along the way. If you live in Gaithersburg, consider the following local and regional adoption professionals:
- The Datz Foundation
- The Barker Adoption Foundation
- Cradle of Hope Adoption Center
- Adoptions Together
Foster Care Professionals in GaithersburgFoster care programs, requirements and processes are determined by the state. In Gaithersburg, foster parents must meet all Maryland foster care requirements and complete a home study. Some agencies have additional training or requirements for the parents they work with. Visit the following local resources for more information about the process to become a foster parent in Gaithersburg:
- Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
- Building Families for Children
- Center for Adoption Support
Home Study Providers in GaithersburgWhether you choose private infant adoption or foster care in Gaithersburg, you will need to complete a home study that meets Maryland requirements. Information about the Maryland home study process and requirements is available on our How to Adopt in Maryland page. It is important to work with a legally qualified home study provider. To get started on your adoption or foster care home study, contact one of these area home study professionals:
- Adoption Makes Family, Inc. 410-683-2100 Adoption Makes Family, Inc. is a licensed, nonprofit adoption agency that focuses on providing international and domestic home studies.
- Cradle of Hope Adoption Center, Inc. 301-587-4400 Cradle of Hope Adoption Center is a licensed, nonprofit, Hague-accredited adoption agency providing home study, placement and post-adoption services to families adopting in the U.S. and overseas.
- Creative Adoptions, Inc. 301-596-1521 Creative Adoptions is able to provide home studies, updates and post-placement services for Maryland residents.
- Adoptions Together 301-439-2900 Adoptions Together offers home studies for families adopting through their placement programs and to families adopting through other agencies and attorneys.
- Global Adoption Services 410-569-9384 Global Adoption Services, Inc. is a licensed and Hague-accredited nonprofit adoption agency serving families seeking home studies and post-adoption services.
Hospitals in GaithersburgAs her due date approaches, it is up to the expectant mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are pregnant and considering adoption for your baby, you will have the opportunity to make many decisions about the labor and delivery process, including who will be in the delivery room with you, who gets to hold the baby first, how much time you spend with the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to start making your hospital plan, your adoption agency will communicate with your delivery hospital to ensure everything goes according to your wishes. As you consider your hospital plan, learn more about some hospitals in the area:
- Holy Cross Germantown Hospital 19801 Observation Drive Germantown, MD 29876 301-557-6000
- Shady Grove Medical Center 9901 Medical Center Drive Rockville, MD 20850 240-826-6000