Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Massachusetts » Cambridge Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Cambridge Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you expecting a baby or looking to adopt in Cambridge, then you likely know that the city is more than just the home of Harvard University – it also offers many adoption resources. The information provided here will provide you with adoption agencies, home study providers, and other resources in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For even more information on resources near you, you can visit our Boston adoption page.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in CambridgeWhether you choose to work with an adoption attorney or adoption agency, your adoption professional can be a great resource for local adoption information. If you are a prospective adoptive family or birth mother looking for an adoption agency in Cambridge, these local and regional professionals can help you complete your adoption:
Become a Cambridge Foster ParentProspective foster parents must meet specific requirements before they are able to foster. While these requirements are similar to the requirements for adoptive parents, there are some slight differences. In the state of Massachusetts, foster parents must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a steady income
- Pass a home study
- Complete required training and become licensed
Home Study Providers in CambridgeWhether you choose private infant adoption or foster care in Cambridge, you will need to complete a home study that meets Massachusetts requirements. Information about the Massachusetts home study process and requirements is available on our How to Adopt in Massachusetts page. It is important to work with a legally qualified home study provider. To get started on your adoption or foster care home study, contact one of these area home study professionals: Near Cambridge:
- Adoption Resources 800-533-4346 Adoption Resources provides a variety of pre- and post-adoption services for families in the state.
- Adoption Resource Associates 617-492-8888 Along with all your other adoption services, ARA can also help families complete their state-compliant home studies.
- Adoption Options 800-337-6513 An extension of Jewish Family Service, Adoption Options can provide home studies and education for New England parents.
- Alliance for Children 806-201-0200 Alliance for Children is Hague-accredited and licensed to conduct domestic or international home studies in several states, including Massachusetts.
Hospitals in CambridgeAt some point during a pregnancy, all women considering adoption must begin considering their hospital plan, as well. If you are preparing for your hospital stay, you will want to consider where you would like to have your baby, who you want to be there with you, how much time you would like with your baby before placement, and more. Your adoption specialist will be able to help you prepare for the big day, and you can also contact one of your nearby hospitals for more information:
- CHA Cambridge Hospital 1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge, MA 617-665-1000
- Mount Auburn Hospital 330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge, MA 02138 617-492-3500