Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Massachusetts » Worcester Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Worcester Adoption & Foster Care Resources
As a family hoping to grow through adoption or a pregnant woman considering adoption for your baby, you will need a variety of services and support throughout the adoption process. Here, you will find all the local adoption agencies, foster care information and home study providers you need to complete your adoption in the Worcester area.
Worcester Adoption Agencies and ProfessionalsAs a prospective birth parent or adoptive family, the professional you work with will play an important role throughout the adoption process, providing adoption services and support to ensure a successful adoption. If you prefer to work with a local or regional adoption professional, consider these nearby adoption agencies:
Become a Worcester Foster ParentFoster parents must meet slightly different requirements than adoptive parents if they want to work with a foster care agency. In Massachusetts, foster parents must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Complete a home study
- Attend MAPP training
- Have a steady income
- Children’s Friend
- Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange
- Massachusetts Department of Children & Families
Home Study ProvidersWhether you are interested in adopting an infant through a private domestic adoption agency or becoming a foster parent in Worcester, you will need to complete a home study that meets Massachusetts state requirements. The home study ensures that your home is safe and suitable for raising a child. When you are ready to begin the home study process, contact a Massachusetts home study provider near you: Near Worcester:
- Adoption Resource Associates 617-492-8888 ARA is a licensed, nonprofit agency that offers home studies to families adopting in or out of the country.
- Adoption Resources 800-533-4346 With more than 140 year of experience in family services, Adoption Resources has the experience and qualifications to help families complete their home studies and post-placement assessments.
Hospitals in WorcesterOne of the most anticipated events of an adoption is the hospital trip. If you are a pregnant woman considering adoption, you will eventually work with your specialist and healthcare provider to develop a hospital plan. This plan helps you determine the kind of labor experience you want and who you want to be there with you. If you are ready to begin thinking about your hospital plan, you can start by contacting one of your nearby hospitals:
- UMass Memorial Medical Center – Memorial Campus 119 Belmont Street Worcester, MA 01605 508-334-6311
- Saint Vincent Hospital 123 Summer Street Worcester, MA 01608 508-363-5000