Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Massachusetts » Springfield Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Springfield Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you live in the Springfield area or are planning to adopt a child from there, you may not know what adoption resources are available to you. Whatever stage you are at in your adoption journey, the following collection of information will help you adopt or place a child for adoption in Springfield, Massachusetts. If you would like information on the adoption process and related laws, visit our Adoption in Massachusetts page.
Springfield Adoption Agencies and ProfessionalsProspective birth mothers and adoptive families have many options when choosing an adoption professional to work with, from national agencies to adoption attorneys. Adoption agencies can be beneficial for many families because unlike other professionals, they offer a full range of services. If you prefer to work with a local or regional adoption professional, here are some of the adoption professionals serving the Springfield area:
Springfield Foster Parent ResourcesEvery state has different laws, processes and qualifications for becoming a foster parent. In Massachusetts, foster parents must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Pass a home study
- Attend state-required MAPP training
- Show proof of a stable income
Home Study ProfessionalsWhether you choose domestic infant adoption or foster care, you will need to complete a home study that meets Massachusetts laws and requirements. The Massachusetts home study process includes personal interviews, home visits, criminal history checks and more. A complete list of home study requirements and additional information about the process can be found on our Adoption in Massachusetts page. For help with your Massachusetts home study, contact one of your state-licensed professionals: Near Springfield:
- Ascentria Care Alliance 774-243-3072 The professionals Ascentria can not only help you complete your home study, but provide you guidance and put you in contact with adoption support groups.
- Alliance for Children 877-402-3678 A licensed, full-service adoption agency in the New England area, Alliance for Children also helps families who only need a home study.
- Adoption Resource Associates 617-492-8888 Whether you are adopting internationally or domestically, ARA will provide a state-compliant home study that meets your family’s needs.
Hospitals near SpringfieldAs expecting mothers approach their due date, they must also begin considering their hospital plan, which includes where they would like to give birth, who they want to be with them, and how much time they would like with their baby. If this describes your situation, you can begin working with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to ensure that you have a positive labor and delivery experience. Follow the links below for more information on hospitals and maternity wards near Springfield:
- Mercy Medical Center 271 Carew Street Springfield, MA 01104 413-748-9000
- Baystate Medical Center 759 Chestnut Street Springfield MA 01199 413-794-0000
- Cooley Dickinson Health Care 30 Locust Street (Route 9) Northampton, MA 01061 413-582-2000