Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Minnesota » Bloomington Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Bloomington Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Lying just south of Minneapolis, the city of Bloomington has a lot to offer for everyone, including adopting parents and expecting mothers. If you are looking to adopt or considering placing a child for adoption in Bloomington, Minnesota, the following collection of information will help you with all of your adoption needs. For more detailed information on laws and regulations, visit our Minnesota adoption page.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals near BloomingtonWhether you are ready to begin the adoption process or are simply looking for more adoption information, local adoption professionals can be great resources for the services and support you need. The following adoption agencies are located near Bloomington and are experienced in meeting the needs of adoptive and birth parents in Minnesota:
Become a Bloomington Foster ParentFoster parent qualifications are determined by the state. To become a foster parent in Minnesota, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete foster parent application
- Pass a background check and home study
- Attend mandatory foster parent training
- Obtain foster parenting license
Home Study ProvidersWhether you choose domestic infant adoption or foster care, you will need to complete a home study that meets Minnesota laws and requirements. The Minnesota home study process includes personal interviews, home visits, criminal history checks and more. For help with your Minnesota home study, contact one of your state-licensed professionals: Near Bloomington:
- International Adoption Services 952-893-1343 Located in Edina, this non-profit, Minnesota-licensed agency is qualified and willing to work with families adopting internationally or domestically.
- New Horizons Adoption Agency 507-526-3518 New Horizons will help you complete your Minnesota home study and provide you with counseling, education, and any other adoption services you need.
Hospitals near BloomingtonAs the due date for the baby approaches, mothers pursuing adoption should begin planning their hospital and labor experience. By working with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider, you can be sure to have a positive hospital stay. When making a hospital plan, consider where you would like to give birth, who you want there with you, and how much you would like to see your baby. As you consider where you want to give birth, contact one of the following healthcare providers or parenting centers:
- The Mother Baby Center 902 East 26th Street Minneapolis, MN 55404 612-775-5500
- Amma Parenting Center 3511 Hazelton Road Edina MN 55435 952-926-2229
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital 800 East 28th Street Minneapolis, MN 55407 612-863-4000
- Fairview Southdale Hospital 6401 France Avenue S. Edina, MN 55435 952-924-5000