Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in Minnesota » Minneapolis Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Minneapolis Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you live in Minneapolis and are considering adoption, either as an expectant mother or prospective adoptive parents, you are likely wondering the same thing: who can help me with adoption in my area? The following guide provides all the Minneapolis adoption information you need, from finding a professional to finalizing your adoption. To learn even more about the adoption process, you can visit out Minnesota adoption page.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in MinneapolisMost prospective birth parents and hopeful adoptive families choose to work closely with an adoption professional through most or all of the process. This professional will provide education, support and any additional services you need to complete your adoption. Here are some Minneapolis adoption professionals near you:
Become a Minneapolis Foster ParentBefore you pursue foster care in Minneapolis, make sure you meet these Minnesota requirements:
- Complete an application
- Pass a background check and home study
- Attend foster parent training
- Receive official license
Home Study ProfessionalsWhether you are interested in adopting an infant through a private domestic adoption agency or becoming a foster parent in Minneapolis, you will need to complete a home study that meets Minnesota state requirements. The home study process in Minnesota includes personal interviews with the prospective parents, a home inspection, criminal history checks and more. The person or agency conducting the home study must be legally qualified to complete the home study process. Here are some trusted home study providers in your state: Near Minneapolis:
- International Adoption Services 952-893-1343 International Adoption Services is flexible in working with you to complete your Minnesota home study in a time frame that works for you.
- New Horizons Adoption Agency 507-526-3518 At New Horizons, you can find a Minnesota-licensed home study provider along with any other adoption services you may need.
Hospitals near MinneapolisIf you are a pregnant mother considering adoption, you will eventually need to create a hospital plan. Your adoption specialist and healthcare provider can assist you with this part of your adoption plan. When arranging for your hospital stay, you should consider where and how you want to give birth and who you want to be there with you. As you think about your hospital trip, you can find more information about hospitals near you:
- The Birthplace at the University of Minnesota 2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis, MN 55454 612‑273‑4040
- The Mother Baby Center 902 East 26th Street Minneapolis, MN 55404 612-775-5500
- Hennepin County Medical Center 730 South 8th Street Minneapolis, MN 55415 612-873-2229
- Maple Grove Hospital 9875 Hospital Drive Maple Grove, MN 55369 763-581-1000