Saint Paul Adoption & Foster Care Resources
You may be planning to adopt a child in the capital of the North Star State, or perhaps you are an expecting mother thinking about placing a child. Whatever your circumstances are, you have a variety of resources available to you. This page will provide you with the information you need to pursue an adoption in Saint Paul, Minnesota. For even more information on adoption laws, requirements, and procedures, visit our page on How to Adopt in Minnesota.
Saint Paul Adoption Agencies and ProfessionalsIf you are pursuing an adoption, you will need some type of adoption professional to help you with the process. Adoption agencies can be beneficial because they provide all of the services you will need, and local or regional agencies can help you right in your home town. If you are interested in working with a local agency, consider one of the following:
- Holy Family Catholic Adoption Agency
- Children’s Home Society of Minnesota
- MN ADOPT
- EVOLVE Adoption & Family Services
Become a Foster Parent in Saint PaulMany hopeful parents will pursue foster care if they would like to adopt an older child. To be approved as a foster parent in Minnesota, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Send in a foster parent application
- Complete a background check and home study
- Attend required foster parent training
- Receive foster parenting license
Home Study ProvidersAll prospective adoptive parents must complete a pre-placement and post-placement assessment to be approved to foster or adopt a child. These assessments determine whether the adoptive parents are able to provide a safe, nurturing home to a child. If you are interested in adopting a child, you can reach out to any one of these Minnesota-licensed home study providers to start the process: Near Saint Paul:
- International Adoption Services 952-893-1343 Whether your adoption is domestic or international, International Adoption services can complete your home study in the state of Minnesota.
- Adoption Minnesota 612-333-0489 While Adoption Minnesota is a full-service adoption professional, they will work with in-state families who need only home study services.
- New Horizons Adoption Agency 507-526-3518 At New Horizons, you will be able to complete your Minnesota home study as well as receive education, support, referrals, and guidance during your adoption.
Hospitals near Saint PaulIf you are pursuing adoption as an expectant mother, you will need to consider your hospital plan as your due date approaches. You can work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to determine the type of labor and delivery experience you want to have. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Saint Paul hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- The Mother Baby Center 345 Smith Avenue North St. Paul, MN 55102 651-241-6290
- St. Joseph’s Hospital 45 West 10th Street St. Paul, MN 55102 651-232-3000
- Regions Hospital 640 Jackson Street St. Paul, MN 55101 651-254-3456