Billings Adoption and Foster Care Resources
As a prospective birth parent or adoptive family in Billings, you may have several questions about placing a baby for adoption or adopting a child in Montana. There are many adoption professionals in the area who can assist you through the process and answer your questions. Read on to learn more about adoption in Billings, and find additional resources and information on our How to Adopt in Montana page.
Billings Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsOne of the first steps in the adoption process, both for adoptive parents and birth mothers, is to choose an adoption professional to work with. Your adoption professional will provide the services and support you need to successfully complete your adoption. The following adoption agencies and attorneys are based in the Billings area and have experience completing local adoptions:
- Lutheran Social Services of Montana
- Catholic Social Services of Montana
- Patten, Peterman, Bekkedahl & Green
How to Become a Foster Parent in BillingsTo become a foster parent or to adopt from the foster care system in Montana, you will need to meet certain state qualifications and complete the Montana home study process. Information about these requirements is available on our Montana adoption page. In addition, the following Billings foster care agencies and resources can provide additional information: professionals serving Montana.
Home Study Providers in BillingsFor adoptive and foster parents in Billings, the home study is one of the most important parts of the process. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your home study and ensure it complies with all Montana laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider serving Billings:
- Lutheran Social Services of Montana 406-245-9949 Lutheran Social Services of Montana provides international and domestic home studies and post-placement adoption services in the state of Montana.
- Youth Homes 406-721-2704 The staff of Youth Homes can help provide legal home study services for families hoping to adopt in Montana. They are also able to assist families that are adopting either internationally or through another agency.
Hospitals in BillingsFor birth parents and adoptive families, one of the most emotional parts of the adoption process is the time spent in the hospital when the baby is born. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby as a prospective birth mother, it will be entirely up to you to decide how you would like your hospital stay to go. This is known as your hospital plan, and you can work with your adoption professional and delivery hospital to ensure everything happens as you want it to. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Billings hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Vincent Healthcare 1233 North 30th Street Billings, MT 59101 406-237-7000
- Billings Clinic 801 North 29th Street Billings, MT 59101 406-238-2500
- Billings Clinic West 2675 Central Avenue Billings, MT 59102 406=238-2500