Missoula Adoption and Foster Care Resources
Whether you are interested in adopting a child or placing a baby for adoption in the Missoula area, there are many local resources available to you. This guide provides information about Missoula adoption agencies, home study professionals and other adoption and foster care services in the area. Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state can be found on our Montana adoption page.
Missoula Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsWhen you are ready to begin the adoption process, you will likely need to work with an adoption professional to receive the services and support you need to complete the adoption. Some adoptive families and birth parents prefer to work with a local or regional adoption agency. The following adoption agencies and attorneys have locations in Missoula and can ensure that you meet all Montana requirements as you move through the adoption process:
- Catholic Social Services of Montana
- Terrazas & Henkel Attorneys at Law
- Datsopoulos, MacDonald & Lind P.C.
Become a Foster Parent in MissoulaIf you live in Missoula, Montana, and are interested in fostering a child, you will need to meet certain state requirements for foster parents and complete the home study process. Information about foster parent eligibility, as well as Montana home study requirements, is included in our state adoption information. For more information about foster care and foster-to-adopt placements in Missoula and throughout the rest of the state, visit the Child & Family Services Division. The following local agencies and resources can also provide additional information about becoming a foster parent in Missoula:
Completing the Home Study in MissoulaThe home study is a major milestone in every adoption and foster care process, and home study requirements are determined by the state. In Montana, the process includes home visits, in-person interviews, background checks, and more. For more information about what to expect during the home study, visit our guide to Adoption in Montana. When you are ready to begin the home study process, contact a legally qualified home study provider in your area:
- Lutheran Social Services of Montana 406-245-9949 Lutheran Social Services of Montana provides international and domestic home studies and post-placement adoption services in the state of Montana.
- Youth Homes 406-721-2704 The staff of Youth Homes can help provide legal home study services for families hoping to adopt in Montana. They are also able to assist families that are adopting either internationally or through another agency.
Hospitals in MissoulaIf you choose adoption for your baby, it will be up to you to plan your hospital stay. Your hospital plan will include your preferences for who is in the delivery room with you, how much you will interact with your baby and the adoptive family, and more. The delivery hospital will be aware of your hospital plan ahead of time to ensure a smooth labor and delivery process. When you are ready to make your hospital plan, here are some local Missoula hospitals you may be working with:
- Community Medical Center 2827 Fort Missoula Road Missoula, MT 59804 406-728-4100
- Providence St. Patrick Hospital 500 W. Broadway Missoula, MT 59802 406-329-5300