Bozeman Adoption and Foster Care Resources
If you live in Bozeman and are considering adoption, either as a prospective adoptive parent or as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, you likely have questions about local adoption resources, laws and processes. Here, find information about Bozeman adoption agencies, home study providers and other local adoption and foster care services. For more information about adoption and foster care throughout Montana, visit our state adoption information page.
Adoption Professionals and Adoption Agencies in BozemanThe professional you choose to work with through your adoption journey will guide you through the process and provide the services and support you need to complete your adoption in Bozeman. If you are interested in working with a local or regional adoption agency in Bozeman, the following adoption professionals can help you complete your adoption in accordance with all Montana adoption requirements: Montana adoption page.
Foster Care Professionals in BozemanFoster care programs, requirements and processes are determined by the state. In Bozeman, foster parents must meet the following Montana requirements:
- If you are a couple, be together for at least 24 months
- Be able to financially support your current household without relying on foster care reimbursement
- Complete a pre-service training program
- Provide references
- Pass fingerprint-based criminal background checks
Home Study Providers in BozemanWhether you are interested in adopting an infant through a private domestic adoption agency or becoming a foster parent in Bozeman, you will need to complete a home study that meets Montana state requirements. The home study process in Montana includes personal interviews with the prospective parents, a home inspection, criminal history checks and more. The person or agency conducting the home study must be legally qualified to complete the home study process. Here are some trusted home study providers in your state:
- Lutheran Social Services of Montana 406-245-9949 Lutheran Social Services of Montana provides international and domestic home studies and post-placement adoption services in the state of Montana.
- Youth Homes 406-721-2704 The staff of Youth Homes can help provide legal home study services for families hoping to adopt in Montana. They are also able to assist families that are adopting either internationally or through another agency.
Hospitals in BozemanWhen it is finally time for the baby to arrive, it is up to the prospective birth mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, you will have the opportunity to decide who will be in the delivery room with you, how much time you will spend with your baby and the adoptive family, and more. When you are ready to begin planning your hospital stay, your adoption agency will work with the delivery hospital to make them aware of your wishes. Here are some Bozeman hospitals that you may be able to work with:
- Bozeman Deaconess Family Birth Center 915 Highland Boulevard Bozeman, MT 59715 406-414-5000
- Bozeman OB/GYN 925 Highland Boulevard Bozeman, MT 59715 406-587-9202