Lincoln Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are in the Lincoln, Nebraska area and looking to start your adoption journey, you may be unsure of where and how to start. The following resources will help guide you through each stage of adopting in Lincoln; read on to find information about adoption agencies, foster care professionals, home study providers, and more.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in LincolnThere are multiple kinds of adoption professionals you can consult if you are considering adoption, including facilitators, law firms, and law centers. Adoption agencies, whether they are national or local, are beneficial to expecting mothers and adoptive families because they provide all of the services you need in one place. If you would like to find an adoption agency or other professional in Lincoln, follow some of the links below:
- Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska, Inc.
- Nebraska Children’s Home Society
- Stephanie Flynn Law Office, P.C., LLO
- Kelly Tollefsen Law Offices, P.C., LLO
- Kotik & McClure Attorneys at Law, LLC
Lincoln Foster Care ResourcesParents looking to pursue foster care in Lincoln should become familiar with the requirements in Nebraska, which includes completing the state’s 27-hour PRIDE training. The program will prepare you for what you will need to become a Nebraska foster parent. To learn more about foster parenting in Lincoln or to inquire about available children, contact one of your nearby foster care professionals:
- Nebraska Foster and Adoptive Parent Association
- CEDARS Home for Children
- The Foster Care Closet
- Christian Heritage
Home Study ProvidersConsisting of personal interviews, background checks, a home evaluation and more, the Nebraska home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your adoption home study and ensure it complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a home study provider in your area:
- Holt International 402-934-5031 Holt International works all across the country and has a branch that provides home studies specifically in Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota.
- Adoption Consultants 308-340-6242 Adoption Consultants has licensed social workers located in every area of Nebraska, with over 50 years of combined experience between them. See their website for more contact information.
- Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska, Inc. 402-342-7038 LFS works with contracted home study providers to help you complete your Nebraska home study, whether or not you choose to work with their agency.
Hospitals near LincolnIf you are a pregnant mother and pursuing adoption, you will want to work with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to plan your hospital stay. By creating a hospital plan, you can let those involved in your adoption know how you want the big day to proceed and who you want to be there with you. To get started or find more information, you can contact a nearby hospital:
- Bryan Medical Center 1500 South 48th Street Lincoln, NE 68506 402-481-7444
- CHI Health St. Elizabeth 555 South 70th Street Lincoln, NE 68510 402-219-8000