Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in South Dakota » Rapid City Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Rapid City Adoption & Foster Care Resources
As a family hoping to grow through adoption or a pregnant woman considering adoption for your baby, you have access to a variety of services and support throughout the adoption process. Here, you will find local resources and adoption information for Rapid City, South Dakota.
Adoption Agencies and Professionals in Rapid CityAdoption agencies are licensed, full-service adoption professionals, meaning that they are equipped to help you with every stage of your adoption. Whether you are a prospective birth parent or adoptive family, an adoption agency can be a beneficial and convenient resource. See the links below for information about Rapid City adoption agencies:
Rapid City Foster Care ResourcesTo be a foster parent in Rapid City, couples and individuals must meet the requirements of the state and their chosen agency. If you are interested in becoming a foster family, contact a local foster care organization:
Home Study ProvidersWhether you choose domestic infant adoption or foster care, you will need to complete a home study that meets South Dakota laws and requirements. The South Dakota home study process includes personal interviews, home visits, criminal history checks and more. A complete list of home study requirements and additional information about the process can be found on our Adoption in South Dakota page. The person or agency conducting the home study must be legally qualified. When you are ready to begin the home study process, here are some trusted providers in South Dakota:
- DeVonne Powell, CSW-PIP 605-360-5735 DeVonne Powell has been working as a home study provider since 2008 and has experience teaching parenting classes.
- Keri Meyer, CSW-PIP 605-376-4834 Keri Meyer has worked in therapy and home study evaluations, and she is licensed to complete South Dakota home studies.
- Mary Gustafson, CSW-PIP 605-360-5738 With her experience at Child Protection Services and Children’s Home Society, she has worked for families in several capacities and has been in social work since 2002.
- Brenda Risty, CSW-PIP 605-940-0902 Along with home studies for adoption and foster care, Brenda Risty also has experience in providing therapy.
Hospitals near Rapid CityAs expecting mothers approach their due date, they must also begin considering their hospital plan, which includes where they would like to give birth, who they want to be with them, and how much time they would like with their baby. If this describes your situation, you can begin working with your adoption specialist and healthcare provider to ensure that you have a positive labor and delivery experience. Follow the links below for more information on hospitals and maternity wards near Rapid City:
- Rapid City Regional Hospital 353 Fairmont Boulevard Rapid City, SD 57701 605-755-1000