Fresno Adoption & Foster Care Resources
As a prospective adoptive or birth parent in Fresno, you likely have many questions about how to adopt or place a baby for adoption in California. There are many adoption and foster care resources and professionals in your area who may be able to assist you. Learn more about adoption in Fresno below, and find additional information about adoption laws, processes and qualifications on our California page.
Fresno Adoption ProfessionalsTo begin the adoption process, many hopeful adoptive parents and pregnant women considering adoption first choose an adoption professional to help guide them through the process. You have many choices when selecting an adoption professional. If you are interested in working with an adoption agency or attorney near Fresno, consider the following: national adoption agencies and other professionals throughout California also serve the Fresno area.
How to Become a Foster Parent in FresnoBeing a foster parent or adopting from the foster system can be a rewarding way to grow your family. Prior to beginning the foster care or foster-to-adopt process in Fresno, all prospective parents must meet certain California state requirements. These requirements can be found on our state adoption information page. If you are ready to become a foster parent or if you have additional questions, contact a foster care professional in the Fresno area:
Home Study Providers in FresnoFor adoptive and foster parents, the home study is one of the most important parts of the process. The California home study process includes criminal records checks, financial information, personal interviews and more. For more information about what to expect during the home study process, visit our Adoption in California page. It is important to choose the right professional to complete your adoption home study and ensure it complies with all state laws and requirements. To get started, contact a licensed home study provider in California:
- The Family Network, Inc. 831-462-8954 The Family Network, Inc. is a nonprofit agency licensed to perform international and domestic home studies and other adoption-related services in California.
- Adoption Connection 415-359-2491 Adoption Connection provides home study services to families in 19 California counties.
- AAC-Alpha Adoption Centers 877-955-2122 Alpha Adoption Centers is a nonprofit adoption agency licensed by the state of California to provide domestic home studies and post-placement services for Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, Los Angeles and San Diego county residents.
- Nightlight Christian Adoptions 714-693-5437 Nightlight’s California offices provide domestic, international and embryo adoption home study services.
- Lilliput Children’s Services 800-325-5359 Lilliput is licensed to do adoption home studies for private domestic adoptions.
Hospitals in FresnoOne of the most emotional parts of the adoption process, both for birth parents and adoptive families, is the time spent in the hospital when the baby is born. It is entirely up to the birth mother to decide how she would like her hospital stay to go. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, you will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure everything happens exactly as you want it to. When you are ready to begin creating your hospital plan, here are some Fresno area hospitals that may be able to assist you:
- Community Regional Medical Center 2823 Fresno Street Fresno, CA 93721 559-459-6000
- Saint Agnes Medical Center 1303 E. Herndon Ave. Fresno, CA 93720 559-450-3000
- Kaiser Permanente Fresno Medical Center 7300 North Fresno Street Fresno, CA 93720 559-448-5300