Home » Adoptions by State » How to Adopt in California » Los Angeles Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Los Angeles Adoption & Foster Care Resources
Whether you are interested in adopting a child or are considering placing your baby for adoption in the Los Angeles area, there are many local resources available to you. The following provides information about local adoption agencies, home study providers and other adoption and foster care services in and around L.A. Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state can be found on our California adoption information page.
Los Angeles Adoption Agencies and Adoption ProfessionalsWhether you are ready to begin the adoption process or are simply looking for more adoption information, local adoption professionals can be great resources for the services and support you need. The following adoption agencies are based in L.A. and are experienced in meeting the needs of adoptive and birth parents in California:
- Heartsent Adoptions
- Everlasting Adoptions
- A Rainbow’s End Adoption
- Nightlight Christian Adoptions
Become a Foster Parent in Los AngelesIf you are interested in fostering a child in or near Los Angeles, California, you will need to meet all state requirements for foster parents and complete the home study process. A licensing worker will visit all prospective foster homes and meet with foster family members to ensure that all requirements are met. For more information about foster care and foster-to-adopt placements in Los Angeles and throughout the rest of the state, visit the California Department of Social Services. The following local agencies and resources can also provide additional information about becoming a foster parent in the Los Angeles area:
- Guardians of Love
- Holy Family Services
- Children’s Bureau
- Walden Family Services
- Inner Circle Foster Care
Completing the Home Study in L.A.The home study is a major component of every adoption and foster placement, and home study requirements are determined by state statutes. Information about home study requirements, qualifications and approval are available on our Adoption in California page. When you are ready to begin the home study process, contact any of these legally qualified home study providers in the L.A. area: Near Los Angeles:
- AAC – Alpha Adoption Centers 877-955-2122 Alpha Adoption Centers is a nonprofit adoption agency licensed by the state of California to provide domestic home studies and post-placement services for Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, Los Angeles and San Diego county residents.
- Los Angeles County DCFS 213-351-0224 Through DCFS’ Independent Adoption Program, the department provides information and assists families in completing their adoption home studies.
- Nightlight Christian Adoptions 714-693-5437 Nightlight’s California office provides domestic, international and embryo adoption home study services for Southern California residents in Imperial, Los Angeles, orange, Riverside, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties.
- Lilliput Children’s Services 800-325-5359 Lilliput is licensed to do adoption home studies for private domestic adoptions.
Hospitals in Los AngelesIf you are an expectant mother making an adoption plan for your baby, you will have many choices throughout the adoption process, including complete control over your hospital stay. You will create a hospital plan, which includes your preferences for who is in the delivery room with you, how much you will interact with the adoptive family, and more. The delivery hospital will be aware of your hospital plan ahead of time to ensure a smooth labor and delivery process. When you are ready to make your hospital plan, here are some local hospitals that you may be able to work with:
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center 8700 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90048 310-4-CEDARS (423-3277)
- The BirthPlace Santa Monica 1250 16th Street Santa Monica, CA 90404 424-259-8250
- The BirthPlace Westwood 757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles, CA 90095 310-825-9111
- Dignity Health California Hospital Medical Center 1401 S. Grand Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90015 213-748-2411
- East LA Doctors Hospital 4060 E. Whittier Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90023 323-268-5514
- White Memorial Medical Center 1720 Cesar E. Chavez Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90033 323-268-5000
- Centinela Hospital Medical Center 555 E. Hardy St. Inglewood, CA 90301 310-673-4660
- West Hills Hospital and Medical Center 7300 Medical Center Dr. West Hills, CA 91307 818-676-4000
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital 1680 E. 120th Street Los Angeles, CA 90059 424-338-8000